This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Eve Rudeness

Went over to the local Publix on Christmas Eve to get the last minute items for the big day. Now that we have plenty of other places to shop, it really was not too bad for crowds, but even with the fewer people that were out and about, it did not mean the selected entitled few were not there either.

I was in the express line to get my remaining side items with two other people in front of me. When the next guy's turn came, he was buying some bread and using his debit card, when all of a sudden:

Specially Privileged Entitled SC: Excuse me, I need to know how I can return this. (She was walking by with her shopping cart at the end of the line where your groceries get bagged, and speaking to the cashier who was the middle of dealing with the guy in front of me).

Publix Cashier: Oh, yes, maam, I can help you (and he left his post to help this woman!)

Guy In Front Of Me (Just standing there with his jaw about to drop): Um, is he finished with my order? (to the bagger, who said nothing back and was instead chatting with the cashier, who walked off to help this entitled SC). The GIFOM just took his receipt since it looked like the transaction was completed, and left. He had already swiped his debit card.

The cashier then came back to me, asked me how my day was, and took my order. But, much of the time, the cashier and bagger talked amongst themselves and not to the customers, and as mentioned, SPESC felt the need to just interrupt a cashier who was helping someone out instead of going over to customer service, like normal people would do.

Let's see how New Year's Eve goes.

Lousy customer service. We (cashiers where I work) chat among ourselves but absolutely STOP (in mid-sentence, quite often) when a customer walks up.
    As for the SC, cashier should've directed them but NOT left the till.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Holy crap, that's bad O_O

My guesses: - Maybe the woman was related to someone important at the store, and they had been instructed to kowtow to her every whim (unlikely), or - The managers had gotteon this cashier's case about not always helping customers when their line was empty, and this cashier took things a little too far.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh no. that is exactly why I stopped going to the small cafeteria in our building, and instead, walk next door to theirs. well one reason. The guy who runs it is very chatty, but cannot multi task. So one day i'm in there, and ALL i wanted was half a chicken salad sandwich on toast. easy peasy. Put the bread in the toaster, when it comes out, put the salad on it, cut in half, and wrap.

so he's putting it together for me, and someone comes in BEHIND me, and asks what the hot entrees are. So rather than just TELL him, he stops what he's doing with my sandwich, and walks over to show this guy. i was like um excuse me, he can wait.

that was the final straw; i never went back. the one next door? You go in, and they make your stuff in order.

Comment

Working...
        X