This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much violence for after Christmas shopping today

I received plenty of gift cards, but I think I will wait for the hoopla to die down before I go out to use them.

This morning, at Wally World, I had to return a blu ray player as I found the old one did not need replacing after all. They were nice about it being I only had bought it a couple of hours before. It was one cashier, and five people ahead of me, with me thinking it would take a while, there would be people arguing, etc.

That was not the case at all, until this muscular looking guy came in with hair down to his waist with an angry look on his face.

Mean SC: (Walked right up to the cashier at the return counter, bypassing everyone else that was waiting in line): Get me your manager!

Wal-Mart Cashier: One moment please, sir. (As she was helping the customer unload a Minnie Mouse bicycle from her shopping basket, apparently to be returned).

MSC: (Grabbed the bicycle by the front wheel, and then yanked it as hard as he could across the counter, nearly throwing it into the customer WMC was helping) I SAID, "GET ME YOUR MANAGER!!!" WHAT PART OF "GET ME YOUR MANAGER" DO YOU NOT HEAR?

WMC: Hold on, sir. (Then called her nearby co-worker) Call the manager and security.

Meanwhile, MSC began to walk toward this 5 foot 4 older woman, dressed in the Wal-Mart garb, and we all thought he was about to attack her. We did not hear what else was said, and thankfully, two security people showed up while the rest of us were about to call 911 as we were sure he was going to beat up someone there.

I certainly hope this guy doesn't show up again for New Year's after a long night of throwing back a few. He probably already did that yesterday.

Holy crap, people like that should not be out in public.

Comment

People of Wallmart *shrug*
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Could have been worse. These guys didn't even make it out of the carpark.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...26-p50obg.html

Gotta love good old KnifePoint.

I'll be doing my shopping tomorrow (29th) because by that point most of the craziness has died down.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
          Could have been worse. These guys didn't even make it out of the carpark.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...26-p50obg.html

Gotta love good old KnifePoint.

I'll be doing my shopping tomorrow (29th) because by that point most of the craziness has died down.
          I work there. I wasn't on that day, and my co workers were surprised to hear about it, but it was more subdued then in previous years.

Comment

Had he hurt the employee I would've been so quick to report an assault, as a witness.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

As someone who has previously worked in the food service industry, I support (in most cases) the ability of employees to sue and/or have arrested any customer who assaults them, provided there are witnesses and/or security footage. Without repercussions from the company that employs them.

In fact, I would probably support (again, in most cases) the employer itself suing the customer for assaulting the employee.

Have there ever been cases of an employee suing their own employer for a hostile/unsafe work environment because the employee was assaulted?
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Orgaloth View Post
                I work there. I wasn't on that day, and my co workers were surprised to hear about it, but it was more subdued then in previous years.
                That what I heard from my sister's friends at her work in the centre. Their online department was manic, but not that crazy in-store.

mjr: I would support that too. Too many people are let out without a keeper. (I'm talking about jackasses, not people that are disabled, etc, and need help.)

Maybe if it was going to really hurt their wallet, some people wouldn't be the jackasses that they are. We can all live in hope.

Criminal charges for the real arseholes would be nice too.
                A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Working...
                X