This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarcasm cubed-long (as usual)

I live out in the sticks, but there is a major freeway intersection about a mile away. At the intersection are 2 gas stations. 1 is a Pilot station, complete with 3 LARGE lighted signs showing name and fuel prices. This store has the lowest fuel prices in a 60 mile range.

The other gas station is a mom and pop place with the only liquor license in a 30 mile range. Their prices are very steep, you have to pay for convenience if you want your booze close. Gas there is typically 30 cents a gallon higher than the Pilot station, but they do have the mandatory signage showing this.

A friend and I spontaneously agreed that we wanted some expensive booze from the second place rather than plan a night of hot chocolate and baileys and shop at the cheaper places, so went to the second "gas" station. As we were pursuing the rather limited selection, we heard a melt-down at the cashier station.

SC was having a meltdown over bait and switch. It was only after he had filled his car that he realized he was paying 32 cents a gallon over the price at the Pilot.

I loudly called to my friend "Do you know what store this is?"
    She yelled back, yes, this is the expensive gas station with booze.
    I yelled again, do any of the signs on this property say Pilot?
    Someone in another aisle yelled, I can see the signs, they all say "Mom and Pop" place. Oh yea, and the signs say the gas price.

SC started screaming at everyone that we just didn't understand how confusing this whole thing is and ran out the door.

Then I got carded for the booze, and so did my 40+ year old friend because she was with me.

Floor show and compliments, I'm going to buy my expensive booze there from now on!

(We also got a discount, as did the other person in the store, but getting carded for booze when one is over 60 beats a discount every day!)

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post

but getting carded for booze when one is over 60 beats a discount every day!)
    I bet it would!

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      (We also got a discount, as did the other person in the store, but getting carded for booze when one is over 60 beats a discount every day!)
      I hate to say it, but they might have been checking for the senior discount.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
        Bring on the senior discounts, say I! So far the only discounts I've qualified for are the county fair (which is in August), and a senior-day discount on the first Tuesday of the month at a local grocery chain
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          ... the only discounts I've qualified for are the county fair...
          I first read 'fair' as jail...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
            Its very kind of you to imply that I don't look old enough for someone to automatically assume that I am a senior. If only that was the truth!!!

I am always happy to get a senior discount, but oddly enough, it embarrasses me when someone notices that I'm also a veteran, so gives me that discount. I guess I feel like "thank you for noticing, but I didn't do it to get a 10 percent discount at Denny's".

My friend and I are still laughing at the crybaby and the reaction he had from hearing the only 3 customers (who weren't even in the same aisles) mocking him. My friend and I are always sarcastic, even with each other (especially with each other, that's what friends are for), but having someone we couldn't even see join in was great!

Comment

Working...
            X