This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember me?

I was a mod here in 98/99/00. Kristen Stephenson. For awhile, my username was tolknfan. That was so long ago, I remember we had, at one time, like only 25 members!!! It was me, Greg, Guin and Jenn.

That was before my time, although I do recall the name.

back to CS.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Although I was around in the good old days (as cpl_clouds) I'm sorry but I dont recall you, but welcome back anyhow.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

The name "tolknfan" sounds familiar. Will you be reposting any of your stories?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Before my time, I'm afraid. I didn't get here until late 2000.

I do, however, remember Guin, and I think I remember Jenn (think she was "Lobbyclerk" and then "Soliloquy". And I think we're all trying to forget Greg.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I'm afraid it's a bit before my time as well . . . I arrived in March 2001 myself.

Welcome back, though.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I remember the name "tolknfan" but that's about all, I'm afraid.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                And I think we're all trying to forget Greg.
                Way before my time too. But now i'm curious. Who's the evil Greg?
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                  Way before my time too. But now i'm curious. Who's the evil Greg?
                  Dunno, but its piqued my interest.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

The initial incident was before my time, but I was around for some of his subsequent antics.

"Greg88" became a member here at an early age, somewhere around 12, I believe. I'm not sure how much someone that age would know about sucky customers, but he was a regular poster, and didn't cause any problems.

At some point, he asked to be a moderator, and George (the owner at the time, who later changed his name to Mr. Slugger), granted his wish. Sadly, he used his new powers for evil, rather than good. Randomly deleting posts and closing threads for the hell of it. Worse yet, he did it in threads that other mods had just been in, making it look like they were the ones who did it. I believe Protege was one of the ones that got blamed, until the owner checked the logs and discovered it was Greg doing it, and consequently banned him.

He tried to rejoin the site a few times after that, and got banned for his efforts. Eventually, the owner decided to give him another chance, which he blew by flaming other members. This happened more than once, actually. Not sure why he was given so many chances, but he blew them all.

After that, he kept trying to sneak back in under other names. I banned him myself a few times. The last Greg sighting was when we were rebuilding after a hack, and he posted a rant about how we deserved it, and went on to post obnoxiously huge pictures that were annoying to those of us on high-speed, let alone those of us on dialup.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

*EDIT - Sorry, didn't realize Mike was posting at the same time I was.

From what I recall, Greg was one of the original mods. He was young for such responsibility, but he seemed mature. He disproved that assumption by wreaking havoc on the site and if I'm not mistaken, was responsible for the very first hack.

He came back a while later, all apologetic, and claiming it was all in the past and he was much more mature now. They gave him a second chance and he screwed that up, too.

He has trolled a bit on previous incarnations, posting nasty pictures and stuff, but he always gets his little butt booted off.

At one point, he came sneaking back in under a different name and posted all kinds of tall tales. For the age he claimed to be, he claimed to have worked at so many different jobs that he would have had to start working when he was about 12, or hold down about 3 jobs at a time, or change jobs several times a year. Every time someone posted about a problem, he would post and claim to have also worked for that company, or a similar business.

When he got called on all of it it, he claimed to have Hodgkin's disease to play on the sympathy of everyone. I might have bought it, except that he had just posted, claiming to have taken down a mugger with some mighty martial arts moves. One of the symptoms of the disease he was claiming to have is extreme weakness, so I doubt he would have had the strength to do what he had claimed, or else he wasn't sick, or both stories were BS.
                      I am inclined to believe the last theory.

I hope he has grown up and forgotten about this place now, and actually has a real life. Who knows?
                      Last edited by Ree; 01-17-2008, 02:31 AM.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                      X