This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh >.<

So for the past week or so I've been having a strange cough that would leave me breathless. But this was when Mom was going through big things and then horrible treatment at a rehab center. Thankfully that has been fixed because of a good nurse and her doc bringing down a hammer on a very bad, shouldn't have her position, nurse. But thats a whole nother issue.

Finally Sunday it had gotten to the horrible stage and I went into the er since no doc's office is open on Sunday night. Turns out I had the start of pnuenoma! Woot... *mutters*

On a huge pill to help make it easier to breath and to get some sleep. The nurse who contacted me on Monday apologized for waking me up since she just saw the med I was put on but they were doing a new survey thing. The computer hung up on me cause it couldn't understand me.

Cue being called 4 times yesterday and already 6 times today. I finally told them to write me down for unsatisfied for every answer and to not contact me again.

(I'm assuming that the computer or person you called for the survey entered your number into it's database and is now dialing non-stop.)

Contacting a sick person about a survey on the drug you were prescribed? I'd tell them the same thing too. Buzz off and let me sleep, damn it!

How the heck would you know if the drug was working if you'd just gotten it the day before? No matter what the pharm companies think, the drugs aren't miracle cures! Give it a week, at least! And no.. no harassing survey calls then either. Nothing says, "No, I'm not taking that drug again, no matter if it cured stupidity," like being harassed by a robo-dial.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

its not the drug they are calling about, its a new survey over their er procedures

Comment

*hugs* Ooof, feel better soon, hon!!

As for auto-dialer ER survey hell, maybe call someone at the hospital, ask who to talk to about getting taken off of the list? Doesn't help you feel better if you can't sleep and are being badgered by phone surveys all the time...

Comment

I can identify with this a lot! I had a bout of Pneumonia that knocked me on my ass for a month; sadly, this was the same month my cellphone contract came up for renewal and they would call me daily, and be unable to hear any of my pleas for them to stop calling... Ugh.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I know my hospital only calls ER patients if they left before being seen or discharged. ITs interesting that they'd call in a survey over mailing a paper survey.

Get well soon!

Comment

Working...
            X