This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another for the lottery list

Lately, I've been getting more and more excited about Assassin's Creed. So much so, I've been looking at Assassin cosplay. I'd love to go to a convention (or ACIII opening) dressed as Conner, Ezio or Altair. But the money for a costume can range anywhere from $150 to almost $400.

I hear you say, "But Nurian, YOU can make these costumes! There's websites and tutorials! You can get cloth and leather, some metal and a sewing machine! You can do it! ALLONS-Y!"

Well, hold tight there, Doctor.

The problem with making my own costume is A) I don't have a sewing machine, leatherworking tools, or metal crafting supplies; B) I don't have the money to GET said supplies, and C) I don't have the money to get proficient with those tools to make a decent costume anyway. What good is it if I pay the money to do all of this and look like Hobassin, the might hobo assassin. As much as I like to role-play, I'd have to say I have my limits.

Anyone else have moments of artistic crisis?
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

All the time. Mostly having to do with DD, though - this year, she wants me to hand make her a costume for Halloween.

God bless her, she thinks I have all the skills and abilities in the world.

But I don't. I have no idea how to craft a paper mache head out of newspapers and chicken wire for a GIR costume, and I definitely can't sew one for her like she thinks I can.

However, I am going to attempt to make a lot of Halloween decorations because otherwise I will bankrupt my family at the Spirit store this year. I found a link with cool ideas here:

http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
    --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

Yup. I've been planning and want to build a set of Space Marine armour. but its on hold until I can a) get resources b) plan it better than my sketches.
      "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Yeah, I had the space marine armor idea, too. In a weird connection between both replies, I was considering using papier-mâché and chicken wire.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I've been gathering the parts for a proton pack for...ten years? I either have the time or money, but almost never both at once.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X