Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had someone go through my gallery and find lineart that I did like 10 years ago, and comment on how bad it was done.

Most notedly, there was one that I posted where I attempted to recreate an image I saw in a manga. Wasn't perfect, but I remember how hard I worked on making it look good, and said "eh" to the fact that my lines were a bit wobbly.

Had a nice note from someone that they'd sent to me, accusing me of tracing, art theft, that I had no talent, and on and on. I simply replied that the art was done when I was much, much younger, that I did not trace, just attempted to recreate it by hand, and that even I know I did not do a very good job. They still got very nasty, saying they were reporting me for my 'crock of lies'.

Eh, some people. Whatever.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Some would-be creative types are so uptight and backed up, the shit just falls out of their mouths, uncontrolled.

Ignore 'em. They're not worth the time to reply to. Just block and move on.

... Totally OT, but love the new avi, Seraph.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There's far too many individuals (I refuse to call them people) that criticize without a shred of talent or skill themselves. I may not have a lot of artistic talent, but at least I try to be constructive. These jerks try to cut down artists just because they're jealous.

(And I agree with Andara. The new avatar is awesome, Seraph!)
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Some would-be creative types are so uptight and backed up, the shit just falls out of their mouths, uncontrolled.

Ignore 'em. They're not worth the time to reply to. Just block and move on.

... Totally OT, but love the new avi, Seraph.

^-.-^
          Very true, and I agreed with them that it wasn't very well done, and that it WAS just basically me copying someone's art, but accusing me of tracing it got my feathers ruffled. Brought back memories of being brought before the principal at school because they thought, and I kid you not, that I cheated on an art assignment by tracing an image. I did it freehand, by eyeballing it. I have a remarkable talent for that sort of thing, and as a kid, that was all I did.

But to push it the way this guy on DA did....yeesh.

And thanks about the avvie.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          There's far too many individuals (I refuse to call them people) that criticize without a shred of talent or skill themselves. I may not have a lot of artistic talent, but at least I try to be constructive. These jerks try to cut down artists just because they're jealous.

(And I agree with Andara. The new avatar is awesome, Seraph!)
          Heh. And here I do nothing BUT critcize my own work, and honestly, thats why I stopped drawing. I got so tired of only being able to mimic, and had no idea what kind of style I had for my own self. So I stopped drawing.

(and thanks again as well, haha)
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            Had a nice note from someone that they'd sent to me, accusing me of tracing, art theft, that I had no talent, and on and on. I simply replied that the art was done when I was much, much younger, that I did not trace, just attempted to recreate it by hand, and that even I know I did not do a very good job. They still got very nasty, saying they were reporting me for my 'crock of lies'.
            That reminds me of the ridiculously arrogant witch who sent me novel-length rant about how much drawing sucks, my shading sucks, how she'd rather have little kids post stick figures to her precious group rather than me post another one of my pieces of shit, how she wasn't going to accept any more of my art until I got my sorry ass in gear and worked on improving it, and since she was so kind she'd take a few minutes of her precious time to teach me how to draw.

Yeah, I wasn't exactly amused or impressed.

Quoth Seraph View Post
            Eh, some people. Whatever.
            Word.
            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

2 things I noticed that kinda get on my nerves"

1) People who post photos of themselves saying "OMG I am sooo ugly and fat! Don't look at it! I'm sooo totally embarassed," or post an art piece saying "OMG it sux so much, I'm a bad artist, it looks like crap".
              Then they get comments saying "don't say that! You're cute/pretty/whatever" or "it's not bad, it's awesome, you're so talented"!
              Then they reply to the comment saying things like "OMG you're lying, no I'm not, I'm ugly" or " I'm horrible, it's terrible whine whine whine". In short, people obvioulsy fishing for praise.

2) People who only post provocitive photos of themselves. I'm not talking about artistic photographs, I'm talking about Facebook style vanity photos with boobs, panties, duck faces, the whole nine yards and all the comments are about how hot/sexy the person looks. Why bother having a DA account when you're only posting vanity shots?
              Answers: $1
              Correct Answers: $2
              Answers that require thought: $5
              Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Working...
              X