This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know that movie "The Birds?"

That's going on above my head right now.

Huge swarms of seagulls because the flying ants hatched or something.

Guess I will be washing my car in the near future. Those things shit like nobody's business.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Really? I had no idea there were flying ants here. Maybe it will rain. We had a massive quick downpour while I was at work yesterday. It was a wall of water and my car is almost clean.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Pretty much all types of ants will produce queens with wings.

If it's a lean season, most offspring will be workers, which have no wings. But if it's a prosperous year, the larvae will receive more food, and some will receive enough attention to develop into full queens, and those will have wings.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Pretty much all types of ants will produce queens with wings.
        ^-.-^
        It's not just the queens that have wings, but the drones too. When you see the ants swarming out of the hill, it's easy to tell which are which:

- No wings: workers
        - Winged, same size as workers: drones
        - Winged, significantly larger than workers: queens
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That movie gave me nightmares for years, because somehow I saw it on tv when I was about 3 or 4, and it freaked me the fuck out. And I had recurring nightmares for a long, long, long time, until I was about 12, and saw the movie again. And while it was still creepy, at 12 I was better able to process it, and it made more sense to me. And the nightmares ended immediately.

I know, not the subject of the thread. But it WAS the subject of the thread title, so I thought I'd chime in.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I've always liked that movie. It seems more possible than other horror scenarios.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's because Hitchcock WAS a genius. His horror movies were far more plausible than most, which is what made them so damn scary and creepy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh dear Irv, did you piss off a witch doctor at the Swamp or something?
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

You didn't let me answer the question first!

Yes

Comment

Working...
                  X