This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
    SC: You are a retail store, you have to have change, its the law!
    Always gotta wonder about people who use that line -- as if no one is going to question it.

"Oh, it's against the law, you say? Really? I had no idea! I will, however, take your word at face value, for surely you would not lie to me about such a thing. Here, have all that you ask for!"

Comment

Jester's list reminds me of a classic one that frequently gets asked at the Magic Kingdom at Disney World:

What time is the 3:00 parade?

In fact, it's such a classic, they now sell T-shirts that say that.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        "That Mount Gay Rum...is that a rum designed for gay people to drink?"
        Back when I worked at Bevmo I actually got this question often. Part of me died a bit each time.
        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

"How long is the Seven Mile Bridge?"
          "
          I'd actually forgive that one, but I would be a smart arse and tell them it's about 11.2km long.
          Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            "How long is the Seven Mile Bridge?"
            Nine Mile Canyon is roughly 40 miles long...

I could easily wonder if the bridge was named for a key obliterated in construction that was seven miles from somewhere (un)important...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
              Jester's list reminds me of a classic one that frequently gets asked at the Magic Kingdom at Disney World:

In fact, it's such a classic, they now sell T-shirts that say that.
              Are those T-shirts available online?
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
                SC: You are a retail store, you have to have change, its the law!
                Me: Sorry sir, cant help you there.
                SC: I'm calling the cops on you!
                Any more my standard response to "I'm calling the cops" whenever these people hear something that they do not like (but is clearly not a violation of any laws...so far that's been every time they demand the police) is to simply hand them the phone and tell them "You need to press 9 to dial out so that's going to be 9 and then 911 when you hear the dial tone."

Calling their bluff like that has so far always shut them up. Something about being totally unconcerned about the police just puts them off of their game.
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Since more than one person commented on it, I will say that the Seven Mile Bridge is actually either 6.8 or 6.9 miles long...but basically, seven miles.

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                  Back when I worked at Bevmo I actually got this question often.
                  NOOOOOO!!!!!

Those people would probably freak if they knew about this Dutch rum that is not very well known: Big Black Dick. Yes, I'm serious. And it's allegedly named after a pirate that was himself called Big Black Dick. Thing is, reading the bottle, I can't figure out if the Dutch are absolutely serious and don't get how funny this is in English, or are just completely fucking with everyone and making this shit up. Either way, it's hilarious.

Far funnier than Cockspur rum, which my amazingly juvenile friend could not get over. (The 12 year is pretty good, actually.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Web_Pict View Post
                    One from me...
                    I always answer the phone "Xxxx's Laundry". So people ask: "Is this the laundry?" Some even ask, after I have told them that, yes, this is in fact a laundry: "Do you wash clothes there?"
                    What do you think we would do? Tie them as a rope and escape?
                    I'm really glad I wasn't drinking my soda when I read this. That stuff hurts when it comes out your nose and also makes a real mess of your keyboard!
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

The other day someone asked her "Do you have a bathroom?" NOT, "Do you have a bathroom I can use?" NOT "May I use your bathroom?" No, they actually asked, "Do you have a bathroom?" No, we're a restaurant and we have NO bathrooms!
                      Back in my bar working days the favourite question was "Do you know where the toilet is?"

My standard answer just got to be: " No, sorry. If you manage to find it, can you let me know.. I'm busting for a pee!"

Cue either a very confused look or dawning realisation (very rarely) that someone had just asked a very stupid question
                      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                        Geeze...in what country are there laws that require a store to have change? I love these phantom laws that crop up.
                        especially when they threaten to hit the employee... right after threatening to call the cops.

geee which "law" do you think the cops will uphold?
                        The imaginary law that only exists in the SCs mind, or the laws against attacking others?

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                          Or as my old history teacher would ask: How many three-cents stamps are in a dozen?
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                            I found some at Zazzle, Mouse Trap Clothing, Mousetrap, and Trap Graphics.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                              Here you go:

http://www.disneystore.com/clothes-m...00764+1000809/

Comment

One of my favourite questions to get from customers is......'What library branch is this?", and it usually has something to do with looking up stuff on the website. And while I can kind of understand this if the person is new to the library, at the same time I can't picture walking into a public building and NOT noticing the name or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X