Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was in high school, I wrote a super-simple BASIC game on my TRaSh-80 Color Computer 2 (this was in ~1998, when the thing was already several years obsolete). "You find yourself standing on an island two feet wide, two feet deep, and 1,000 feet up. Which way do you want to go (N, S, E, W)?" As you can probably guess, selecting any of those directions resulted in "You fall off the island and die. Game over." There was a way to win, but it was totally undocumented unless you listed the code, and completely improbable. Maybe he could get a game like that for his $200, but it probably wouldn't be very much fun.
    -Adam
    Goofy music!
    Old tech junk!

Comment

hmm. if you want i can sell him a copy of my tic-tac-toe. i wrote it for college.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
        He sends me an email raging that he doesn't want to talk to the other guy, who "just lies about money", and that he wants quotes from only ME, and that I need to be the ONLY ONE who works on it.

I point out to him the first email, where I told him that I cannot code this sort of thing, but that I work with the other company for this stuff. So, their cost is unavoidable. Flat out.

He promptly tells me that he will not do that at all, it has to be stuff that only I work on. WTF, did you not see what I just said? I CAN'T DO THIS SORT OF THING.
        I'd like to see the conversation if he crunches the corner of his car. The bodyshop tells him they can fix the fender, but there's damage to the front suspension that needs to be handled by a mechanic, and he won't even touch that.

If you run into that sort of problem again, feel free to use the analogy.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          ... The bodyshop tells him they can fix the fender, but there's damage to the front suspension that needs to be handled by a mechanic, and he won't even touch that...
          Or...

The tailor can repair the seat of your pants, but it will take a surgeon to re-attach your butt-cheek.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            but it will take a surgeon to re-attach your butt-cheek.
            He'll need that surgeon to remove his head from said buttcheeks first...>_>

I remember the Trash-80. I had a TRS-80 Color Computer. Taught myself
            BASIC on it in 4th grade

Had a c64, too. M.U.L.E. lives, dammit!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Had a c64, too. M.U.L.E. lives, dammit!
              It sure does! And free too! Try here

I accept no blame for losing track of several hours, or your wake-up alarm going off before you make it to bed.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Yup -- Hell, I had the original on the c64, book and all. I tried the version you linked a few days ago, it's not bad ^_^

Tho it still needs a little work on the subtleties (the computer isn't nearly as stupid as it once was; "dancing" no longer works in auctions; I dunno if Collusion works, but it would be pretty damn hard to so in online play)....Still really well-done, tho.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X