Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really? You're going to say that to a very sick 5 year old kid?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crossbow View Post
    Not just the military, PepperElf. Bashing pretty much anything, although the military does seem to be a popular target right now.

One more reason I've lost just about all faith in humanity...
    JUST? My dear sir, where have you been? :P

And to be honest, I'm not surprised. I see stuff like that ALL the time. :/ It's quite idiotic.
    Last edited by HeroOfNotBashingSkulls; 04-21-2012, 12:28 AM.
    People may think I am a Satanist, but I'm really not.

Why would I worship those that I rule?

Comment

Troll post=sound and fury amounting to nothing. The posts should be removed without comment as they are worthy of none. God bless the kids involved I hope they get well.

Comment

My Step son has wanted to be a soldier since he was 3, and my 4 year old daughter (who has a congenital heart defect and has had two open heart surgeries) wants do be the president of the United states.

How dare they attempt to dash this poor child's wishes with their stupidity...
        ~LSTYD~
        Quote: Dalesys:
        you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

I don't understand people like this. While I have not always agreed with the military or the military mindset, this is a 5 year old boy. Forget for a moment that he has a life-threatening illness or condition...regardless, he is still just a 5 year old boy.

Boys have dreams. As boys, they don't fully understand yet what the end result of those dreams may be. And their dreams don't see all the potentially bad things that could happen, but only see the good, the glamorous, the righteous of the end result of their dreams.

Look, if they are not dreaming of growing up to be serial killers or rapists, what the fuck do people think they are accomplishing by bashing the dreams of a young child, who may not ever live to see their dreams fulfilled?

And what crackhead asshole goes on the Make a Wish Foundation's facebook page to do this?

Childhood dreams do not take into account all the flaws of the adult experience. That is why they are called dreams, or wishes, and not realistic expectations, or pragmatic plans. Only the most negative of naysayers in our society would go after such dreams, such hopes, such fervent wishes, even if they are those of a healthy child.

To do so when it comes to a child that may never reach adulthood is pathetic.
          Last edited by Ree; 04-22-2012, 02:32 PM. Reason: Removed fratching comments

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Well said Jester, well said.

Comment

When children aspire to be something, they are aspiring to be the ideal of that goal. It doesn't enter their mind to be anything less than the white knight, the shining example of everything a soldier/cop/President/star should be. Anyone trying to dash that is a hopeless, pathetic case who no longer has the ability to see that ideal.

Comment

When you're dealing with trolls, it's time to break out the Long Sword +1 Flame Tongue - that way they won't regenerate the damage. (from AD&D).

Sheldon, one bit of info to file away is that (as of 1986 - it was on the PBS Nova episode about the 50th anniversary of the DC-3), a small airline on the East coast had in active service one which had accumulated more flying hours than any other plane (counting those in active service, those which had been retired, and those which had crashed). As a result, every time it took off, it set a world record. If it's still going (that Nova episode would get you the name of the airline), that would be a possibility for a kid who wanted to set a world record (yep, some wishes are probably super-hard ones) - arrange a flight with that airline.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That's low for those asshats to say shit like that online about a sickly little boy who has a wish he wants to fulfill.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                  X