Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't imagine just going about my day in boiling hot coffee stained clothes and skin.

The Brown Noser at my work is a spazz, and tends to hold his cup of coffee in one hand and play with his phone in the other, and as you can imagine.....every once in a while, he spills. And one day, it was all over my pants and brand new Sketchers.

I was late getting into the production area because I was too busy in the bathroom not only cleaning the stains off my clothes and shoes, but because my ankles felt like they were on fire.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      I couldn't imagine just going about my day in boiling hot coffee stained clothes and skin.
      Nor me. If that happened when I was at work, I wouldn't be waiting for anyone to give me permission, I'd be getting that cold water onto me asap.

When I was at boarding school I got some hot tea spilled on me by the person sat next to me at tea time, so I jumped up at once and ran out to bathe it (as I'd been taught to do by my dad) When I came back, the prefect at the table (who disliked me anyway) told me she'd report me to the Housemaster for leaving the table without her say-so. I told her to go ahead and I'd be informing my parents at the same time, I never did hear any more.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        I thought it was because many Mexicans are migrant workers and that is hard work that causes them to sweat. I never thought of the river thing. But still...who does that in this day and age?
        If you mean who swims the river to get the US, lots of them. If you mean who calls someone that, well ..... (looks at the site we're on)

Comment

Quoth Clover View Post
          I should have filled out an incident form but I didn't know about those at the time (it was my first job) so yeah.
          :sigh: Yet another young person who didn't know their rights. I wish they would teach that in school, but apparently they don't. It's up to us to teach our children, younger siblings, relatives and friends not to let people walk all over them like that.

I am so sorry that happened to you, Clover. That could've caused scarring, or worse.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
            Nor me. If that happened when I was at work, I wouldn't be waiting for anyone to give me permission, I'd be getting that cold water onto me asap.
            It would be instinctive for me. I'm not sure I could stop myself.

Comment

If someone threw hot coffee on me at work, I would be too busy punching them in the face to think about cleaning myself off. After coworkers pulled me off of the assailant, only then would I go to the bathroom and wash off. Then I would probably go home for the day, not bothering to explain why.

Comment

If I had hot anything spilled on me, I'd be washing the relevant part in cold water immediately, just to relieve the pain. Any health benefit would be purely coincidental. What sort of lousy manager would stop that? Isn't employee safety a priority? In spite of any faults my workplace has, they at least care about that, honestly more than the employess (myself included) do.

Comment

Quoth Freak View Post
                  What sort of lousy manager would stop that? Isn't employee safety a priority?
                  Sadly, there are managers out there who really do think that employee safety is not as important as taking care of customers >_< Some companies feel this way, too, tho they are careful to only SAY it behind closed doors (and make sure the attitude trickles downstream), while all of their printed materials and things they say in public go on and on about how critical it is that they follow the law and take reasonable steps to prevent just this sort of thing from happening.

What's just as bad is, there are many bad *customers* who feel this way, too. They're just easier to spot, and can't so easily be fired. Unfortunately.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have been called a 'wetback' before, among other things. I, too, actually don't mind, as I now have a valid reason to quit serving the douchewaffle (if not get them kicked out of the extablishment). The drunks at my old bar job would throw around obcenities toward us girls...and my manager would happily throw them out

Clover--Hot COFFEE?!? WTF? Now, I've had a credit card forcibly snatched from my hand (causing a finger to pop very painfully) and I was pinched on the butt by a rather unscrupulous man, but a HOT beverage? Geeezus.
                    Last edited by Athaelia; 04-23-2012, 03:45 AM.

Comment

WARNING: The following post contains racist language that I don't use and can't stand, but that was used by the SC's in question.

Oddly, we had something vaguely similar happen at The Bar this week, though without the crazy person actually bothering to do anything but be crazy.

So this crazy street guy comes in and starts rambling, most of it incoherently, to my manager and a couple coworkers who were standing at the hostess stand (as it was slow at that time). I should point out that said manager is a black American, and when I say black, I mean DARK. No mistaking this guy. WHY is this important? Well, shortly into his ramble, Crazy Guy mutters something about "damn niggers." At which point my manager, who had been vaguely amused by this guy's idiotic nonsensical ramblings, has had enough, and tells him to leave. This is about the same time I showed up from it was I was doing, and heard Crazy Guy say something else about "them niggers," right in front of and to my manager. Having already heard my manager tell the guy to leave, and then hearing him use that word, *I* got into the act. "You need to LEAVE, right now." To which Crazy Guy said to me, semi-clearly, "You can lick my nuts." My response was quite simple. "Get the hell out of here RIGHT NOW, or we're calling the cops." My manager seemed amused by my co-opting of the situation, as he didn't say anything or interrupt me. Crazy Guy finally shuffled out the door, stood outside the door for a few minutes rambling, and finally wandered off. Good riddance. Asshole.

And this very same week, I had this exchange with a guy who was in with his wife, and who thought it would be quite amusing to tell the bartender, who he knew to be Jewish, this particular joke.
                      SC: "What's the difference between a Jew and a canoe?"
                      ME: [knowing the punchline, I say nothing and just look at him.}
                      SC: "Canoes tip."
                      ME: "You DO know I'm Jewish, right?"
                      SC: "Of course I do. That's a JOKE."
                      ME: "Aren't jokes supposed to be FUNNY?"

At which point his wife smiled, and the guy realized he could not win. (To be fair, he did follow that joke up with one that was actually funny, but for the life of me I can't remember it.)

And I think I told this one here a few years ago, but it bears repeating in this thread....I was barking at a gentleman's club, trying to attract customers for the day shift, no easy feat. This one guy walks up to me and starts asking me about the dancers.

IDIOT: "What are the dancers like?"
                      ME: "Well, they're dancers. If you're curious about what they look like, there's no cover till 8, you can go check them out."
                      IDIOT: "Are any of them white?"
                      ME: "Excuse me?"
                      IDIOT: "Or are they all snake charmers and niggers?"
                      ME: "Okay, that's enough pal. Time for you to go."
                      IDIOT: "Cause I don't want any snake charmers or niggers dancing for me."
                      ME: "Get the hell out of here before I call security to have you removed. Beat it!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Gloves would've come right off with that racist jackass if that was me.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                        X