X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to shoot a legitimate complaint straight to hell

1. Cop an attitude from the get-go.
    2. Complain that the letters on the shelf tag are too small and you shouldn't be expected to read them anyway.
    3. Remind the clerk helping you that you once worked in retail, and none of the things we do would've been acceptable in your time.
    4. Abandon your cart of stuff for somebody else to have to re-shelve.

So what was the complaint?

Every so often, due to our buyers' inability to know when to say when, we'll sometimes end up with more merchandise than can fit cleanly into its allotted space. This will result in the planogram calling for two different items to be stocked one in front of the other in the same space. The shelf labels for the two items will be right next to each other.

The items in question were a couple pieces of children's plastic dinnerware that were planogrammed the way described above. One of them had gone clearance and was totally gone, but we still had the other. The customer thought she was going to get something for $1.79 on clearance, but had an employee check the price for her, and threw a raging bitchfit when she found out it was actually $5.99 on sale, and nobody had gotten around to removing the clearance tag for the other item.

This is a legitimate complaint, and I wish corporate would stop doing this because it causes customer confusion and headaches when stocking, but I'm just a peon and nobody listens to me anyway.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

2. Complain that the letters on the shelf tag are too small and you shouldn't be expected to read them anyway.
    3. Remind the clerk helping you that you once worked in retail, and none of the things we do would've been acceptable in your time.
    4. Abandon your cart of stuff for somebody else to have to re-shelve.
    Yeah, maybe she ONCE worked in retail - walked in, worked an hour, quit and never went back.

If she'd worked in retail she'd know how to behave herself, be polite even in complaints, and not leave carts of stuff to cause extra work for employees. She'd also know that stores don't provide someone to walk around and read shelf tags for you, nor is there technology for them to read themselves to the customers. And finally, even if she did work in retail, things do change. The first time I worked as a cashier, there were almost no shelf tags, as every item had to have it's own price tag, since scanners didn't yet exist (and no, we did not give change in rocks

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
      ...(and no, we did not give change in rocks
      Not even upsidadahed? (Neolithic for "Ya hear me naow?)
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, two products with the same price can work out ok, but two different prices can cause a real headache.

Where I live, she'd have gotten one free and the rest, if more than one, at sale price.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          *snip*
          Would be interesting to know whether the SC's stinit in retail ended voluntarily or not ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            Would be interesting to know whether the SC's stinit in retail ended voluntarily or not ...
            I was thinking that, too...Along with the thought that, maybe their idea of "working in retail" meant that they were sent to the store by their boss to pick up some food. After all, they were therefore "working" while in a "retail environment", right?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X