This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one that everyone hates...

At our store, we have a particular SC that nobody likes. Everytime this SC enters our store, this is what happens.

The managers return to their office and won't leave until SC exits the store. The clecks that pull the carts disappear outside or in the break room to avoid contact with this SC. The cashiers play a game or rock paper scizzors to see who would check out this SC groceries.

Get the picture?

This particular SC is very anoying. She always yells at our clecks about them not helping her because they were busy stocking up the boxes on the shelves. In addition, she is always rude to our management by telling them to lower our prices to her content.

The worst part is when she comes to the registers and complains to the cashier that why is there a long line. Also, she always asks the cashier to tell her the prices of every item in her cart before ringing them up. If she didn't like the price, she would fuss it over to the cashier. In addition, the SC would hold up the line for about 15 minutes before she finaly leaves.

As everyone can see, our whole entire store hates this SC. She is impatient, rude, inconsiderate B*tch.

I hope that she'll stop coming to our store because next time me and my CW are gonna... and say to the SC that

Wow...what a bitch. Is there a way she can be banned at the store? I mean she's bad for business and a complete pain in the ass.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I was just going to ask about a ban too. Then again, if your store's higher-ups are like the c-stores, they'd overturn it anyway.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I think the managers should have to deal with her. Part of the manager's job description is dealing with difficult customers, they get the pay for dealing with people like her, and have the authority to eighty-six her if she goes too far. It's awfully cowardly of them to disappear when she shows up.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          I think the managers should have to deal with her. Part of the manager's job description is dealing with difficult customers, they get the pay for dealing with people like her, and have the authority to eighty-six her if she goes too far. It's awfully cowardly of them to disappear when she shows up.
          ^ this x100.

It really is cowardly.

Comment

And completely inappropriate.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

This. Suck it up, that's why our pay is higher than a cashier's. It's hazard pay. Deal with it, or step down. Sorry, but that infuriates me. I deal with the SCs at work because it's my job to. If I can do it, so can anyone else with a MGMT title and pay.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox.
              Last edited by Dave1982; 04-21-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Absolutely agree. If I were cashier in a store with a notorious SC that the managers hid from (talk about being thrown under the bus!) I would be watching for the first excuse to call a manager to take over. That's what they get paid for, let the lesser paid staff sit back and watch them deal with her.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Next time she's in, simply say, "you're never happy when you come here, and I'm not taking your attitude anymore and will let the managers deal with you from now on". Don't ask her to wait, but simply walk off, get a manager and say, "there's a customer here that wants to talk to you", then play dumb as if you don't know who it is.

Comment

Normally I would agree, but from this description I bet you anything she'd just take extra time to rant at the manager about their prices, then do the exact same thing she always does to the cashier. So all that would be accomplished is losing manager time as well as cashier time. She sounds awful.

Comment

I would say -- see if there's a way to subtly convince as many people as possible to document the way she behaves. Sooner or later, she'll crack and say or do something (maybe to you guys, maybe to another customer) that is WAY over the line, giving your store documentable cause to fire her as a customer. This goes double if she's upsetting other customers; even if Corp could not care less about the workers, they WILL more than likely care if keeping one customer means losing half a dozen other regulars.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Don't you know that most corporations subscribe to the belief that they can--no, that they MUST--make EVERY customer happy? Even if presented with evidence that customer A is driving away a dozen other customers, Corporate Big Wig Philosophy is to appease to ALL the customers, even though, naturally, that is impossible. But following that philosophy, they'll appease the one douchebag, and since they don't get any complaints, they don't notice the dozen other customers that are not coming in the doors any more.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gimli View Post
                          This. Suck it up, that's why our pay is higher than a cashier's. It's hazard pay. Deal with it, or step down. Sorry, but that infuriates me. I deal with the SCs at work because it's my job to. If I can do it, so can anyone else with a MGMT title and pay.
                          Exactly! This is totally it. I'm sorry that this woman is so difficult, but she should be being inflicted on managers, not the lowly peons. That's what they're paid for!
                          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                          What's the difference?
                          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

A week or so ago I had a customer that was so annoyingly persistent in trying to get me to do something against policy I called the manager. Manager R helped tried to diffuse the situation (didn't work, the douche was horrible and so confident he was right despite the fact that he wasn't) and I felt genuinely sorry to sic the SC on R but R makes the money to deal with SC's, I don't.
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

A lot of managers and those in charge tend to be cowards and would rather hide in their office or magically "disappear" at the sign of any trouble.

At my work, any time that CL's phone rings, the phone she is *required* to have on her at all times but chooses not to, she takes her sweet time getting to it, hoping she can just get a voicemail and not have to answer it, or she'll make one of us cogs answer it for her.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X