X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma kills lottery winner

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35126059/ns/us_news-life/

I guess winning the lottery sometimes isn't what it's cracked up to be!

That doesn't seem like karma, unless you mean "balancing out the good and the bad." It's just sad, and kinda depressing.
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Even if their was a balance...I don't see where it was good for her to die.

I think you ment Irony kills lottery winner and not Karma.

Comment

That sucks.

What is it with lottery winners running into such misfortune after hitting it big?

Comment

The issue is that most lottery winners look at the winnings as free money and spend recklessly. They say when you win a huge cash prize like that, take a small amount out for splurging and invest the rest.

Comment

Ouch... X(
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Well, after all, it's not like spending a small windfall on *wedding rings* is horribly extravagant, and even if it is, what's the point of saving it if you're just going to die the same day anyway?
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Oooo..Sad. I feel for her husband. The first thing she buys is wedding rings...he must be heart broken...

Comment

Isn't it ironic....don't you think?

(oh come on, SOMEONE had to say it!)
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
                    The issue is that most lottery winners look at the winnings as free money and spend recklessly. They say when you win a huge cash prize like that, take a small amount out for splurging and invest the rest.
                    Every blue moon or so I'll read a story about someone who wins a big-ticket lottery and the death spiral their lives went into subsequently. Sometimes this is traced to behavior. One lottery winner I read about, whose marriage and business fell apart, wasn't exactly a prince among men BEFORE striking it rich, and his bad behavior only increased with the addition of large quantities of money. (Think hookers and blow.)

Jack Whittaker still gets a feature article in his name now and then. Whittaker was by no means poverty-stricken before his Powerball win, so it's questionable how much of the misfortune that befell him is due to his winnings, but I think there's something visceral about these stories that attracts people.

Love, Who?
                    Last edited by Ben_Who; 02-02-2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X