This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Source Book Publishing

I was talking to my 92 year old father today. Some years ago he wrote two books and had them copied & bound at a copy shop. He has the publishing rights.

What he and we, his children, would like to do is to publish them online as a resource so that other people can find and use the ideas in them.

The first book is about making and using an Indian Tipi like the 400 or so our mother made.

The second book is about being your own funeral director rather than paying thousands of dollars to the body shops.

We're looking for a well indexed and trafficked site so that it is more likely that someone who seeks... will find.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

There's always Amazon (and you are allowed to post books for free if that is his intent)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I think the Gutenberg project would take a copy. I'm certain Archive.org would also.

If you need any assistance assembling it please let me know.

Comment

If it’s posted on Amazon, it’s likely to get pirated... badly.

Comment

Check into CreateSpace. It's "independent" publishing.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

MM - Good point Although, on a related note, doesn't Gutenberg only take out-of-print or otherwise free-to-use works?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              MM - Good point Although, on a related note, doesn't Gutenberg only take out-of-print or otherwise free-to-use works?
              Well, ISTR they've gotten slapped for doing otherwise. Dunno how well the lesson took.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Dalesys said "open source", and mentioned posting it online, so I assumed free-to-use.

Comment

Working...
                X