• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want the sign from that video

would look nice on my wall
    DILLIGAF

Comment

I wish I'd been there when they were filming this thing.
      I would have looked at him and said,"They do? Really?"
      And then I would have gone in and bought one, thanking him for the heads-up as I left.
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
        I wish I'd been there when they were filming this thing.
        I would have looked at him and said,"They do? Really?"
        And then I would have gone in and bought one, thanking him for the heads-up as I left.
        i'm sure plenty did. makers of propaganda video's never show opposing views unless they can attack them.
        DILLIGAF

Comment

Ya know what, this has restored my faith in humanity reading all the responses to this!! Honestly, my manager and I just stood there open mouthed and blinking after she dragged her poor kid out the door again, neither one of us is religious so I wondered if perhaps we just missed something, but evidently she really was just a vicious, nasty woman who'll end up with a kid screaming off the rails

On the plus side...I LOVED Dogma, one of my favourite movies for Alan Rickman playing a sarcy angel *snork*

Comment

"i'm sure plenty did. makers of propaganda video's never show opposing views unless they can attack them."

Yeah, I figured as much. I'm sure there were plenty of folks who probably threatened to beat him down.
            Well, we can only hope, anyway.

Oh, how I miss Anton LeVay. He was a hoot.
            Of course, so is Benny Hinn.
            ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Oh no! Her child might have an imagination!! *runs screaming into traffic*

Ahem.

Geez Louise, I grew up with my nose in a book, drawing (I have a bunch of my drawings hanging on the wall by my desk and my coworkers love them), and now I write fanfiction that my own mother reads and loves. =) I'm trying to get the energy up to write a novel. I believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and dressed up for Halloween. And guess what? I haven't been struck down by lightning, cursed by God-Yahweh-Allah-He Who Walks Behind The Rows, and the universe hasn't exploded because Harry Potter is on the bookshelves.

That woman thinks *all* fiction should be banned? WFT? If she doesn't believe in having an imagination I'd like to know what on earth she does in her spare time. Sit and stare at the walls?
              I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Sheesh, this poor child is going to have serious emotional issues. One can only wonder what this mother was feeling last night.
                ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                  Jehovah's Witnesses (IIRC, a Christian denomination) do not observe any holidays.
                  Yes, I know. I'm afraid I misunderstood what she was quoted to say.

Comment

I just remembered something I saw in the news last year or the year before (or maybe even the year before that!) about a guy who was going around protesting bookstores that carried the Satanic Bible.
                    The best way to put people off the idea of the Satanic Bible would be to tie them down and make them read it. I mean, have you read it? Its DIRE. Self-indulgent, drivelly, incoherent, inarticulate claptrap. If you've never read it, let me condense the so-called Satanic masterpiece for you.

I'm allowed to have sex with any chicks I want and never call them in the morning, plus i'm allowed to shove any chemical up my nose, because I wear a stupid beard and eyeliner.

Honestly, that's it. I apologise to any Satanists out there, but really, there are much better books around than Silly-Beard LaVey's. Hunt some down.
                    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                    - Dave Barry

Comment

Barefoot Girl, you're my new hero.

I had to clean coffee off my keyboard to type that.

Anyone see that King Of The Hill episode where Bobby falls in with Satanists? I about wet my pants over that.

Comment

Barefootgirl, that's exactly my point!!
                        Much ado about NADA.

I think if more people actually saw those movies or read those books they were so offended by, they be all, "Oh. Is that it?"
                        ~~*

Comment

Quoth Lulu View Post
                          "She still thinks there's a santa too! Who knows why because I refuse to let her live in a fantasy land! There's NO SANTA and you don't get presents at Christmas time! Christmas is for church."(
                          No.... Christmas is YULE, Jesus was born in the spring about the time of the Passover.... Heck, I would've just told her to have a Happy New Year since yesterday was Samhain....

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            Hmm....and here I was thinking Carrie White's mom ended up getting killed by her own daughter toward the end of that book.

That woman is going to be really suprised when her daughter gets hooked on drugs, knocked up, and runs off at 15. Sad.
                            If I'm thinking the right Carrie.... She had it coming for trying to drown her own daughter.

Comment

Free speech and all...
                              Here?

Bwahahahahaha!

*snort*

As a side note, someone recently tried to attack a member here regarding matters nothing to do with this site - cyberstalking. I told them to hop it. In short, play nice and don't attack other people and their beliefs, and I'll do what I can to help you.

Free speech, though - heh...

Rapscallion

Comment

Seriously, if you feel as though SNOW WHITE has the power to undermine your religion, it must not be much of a religion to begin with.
                                If your convictions are solid, you should have no worries.
                                Well, she was living with seven men.... And I DARE you to ask me about the original Sleeping Beauty....

Comment

Working...
                                X