X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woes of Monday

"I don't wanna!"

Exactly the words a "grown" adult whined to me when I told her she would need to speak with out billing disputes team. Notes on her account indicated that she was told to contact them and was provided thier direct number yesterday.

She believed that the bank owed her over $500 in credits to her account. Wrong. Dead wrong. Those credits were applied to her account and made her current balance at -$25 and some change. She didn't want to believe me so I told her she could speak with disputes and she started whining like a toddler.

That should be automatically done!

As spoken by a true entititled, pig. His card was involved in some sort of data compromise so, naturally, the bank issued a new account number to him. When told the standard mailing dates, he complained. I informed him of the expidited shipment and, of course, Mr. Selfish couldn't believe that he had to call and request a service that comes with a charge. It should be done automatically. $20 says he calls back and says he wasn't told of a charge for that and that he shouldn't have to pay it because he is such a "good customer".

Suckustomer Logic...

I get that long hold times suck. I really, really do. But, seriously, how does it make sense to hang up and get back into the waiting line at the VERY END?! Do these people think I have a magic button to jump the line?
    "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

I can answer that last question. Yes, they do.

As I told one grumpy caller a few weeks ago, "Everybody can't be first in line."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had a customer complain that she waited 30 minutes to get to fraud before she hung up and demanded that she be connected immediately. Yeah, of course, you can...right after everyone else who has been waiting has been serviced.
      "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

When we're busy or understaffed (which is most of the time) I wish we could issue the people on the phone numbers. Like the registers would page a call for the cutting counter, and I'd just walk over, pull a number, and tell the person on the phone "you're number 74, we're serving 56 right now." Since it's fair and reasonable, it will never happen.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          When we're busy or understaffed (which is most of the time) I wish we could issue the people on the phone numbers. Like the registers would page a call for the cutting counter, and I'd just walk over, pull a number, and tell the person on the phone "you're number 74, we're serving 56 right now." Since it's fair and reasonable, it will never happen.
          IF it makes sense it's not allowed...lol.

Comment

I love those phone systems that actually tell you where you are in the queue, I just wish they'd wait more than 10 seconds between each notification.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I wish we had something that told us how many calls are waiting. We had that when I was doing tech support for Big Universal phone/tv/interent. I loved it.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                As I told one grumpy caller a few weeks ago, "Everybody can't be first in line."
                But everyone is first in line, but only after they are last in line.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The IRD (Inland Revenue Department - think IRS) here in Kiwiland has a system like this - you can press 1 and it will keep your place in the queue and call you back when its your turn.
                  How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    But everyone is first in line, but only after they are last in line.
                    And we'll know for the first time; if we're evil or divine...
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      And we'll know for the first time; if we're evil or divine...
                      They're evil. They are all evil. I hate them all.

Comment

Working...
                      X