This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh!?! Really--Since when??

I manage a store that opened about a month ago so as a team, we get lots of questions and comments....but one lady (and her attitude) stood out today....

While standing at a fuel island in balmy New England January temperatures, a fuel nozzle stuffed into the fill point waiting for a clerk inside the nice warm store to authorize the pump....

Clerk (over loudspeaker): "Ma'am, you will need to slide your card or pay with cash inside the store."

Female Customer: (to the voice over head) "Oh, really? When did this change?"

Clerk: "Ma'am, I cannot authorize the pump without a card payment or cash."

Female Customer: "OH!!??!! REALLY--SINCE WHEN?? I come here ALL the time..and this is the FIRST time I have heard this nonsense!"

Clerk: "Ma'am...I need a card payment...or cash inside."

**Female customer enters store.....

"Are you F-ing SERIOUS?? Do you know who I am?? I have been coming to this store for YEARS!! This is INSULTING!!!"

Clerk: "I have been working here since we opened and we have always required a card payment at the pump OR payment inside the store."

Female Customer: "I have never seen you here before!"

Clerk: "I've never seen you here either and I have worked 5 days a week since we opened....three weeks ago. Now, is that debit--credit--or cash?"

Quoth carryonnow View Post
    Clerk: "I've never seen you here either and I have worked 5 days a week since we opened....three weeks ago. Now, is that debit--credit--or cash?"
    The booming sound you just heard was a PWNZER strike.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Oh god, the "do you know who I am?" shit again!! Honest to god, I want someone to say, "Ma'am, check your ID. Your name should be on there."

Kudos to the clerk for keeping her cool and setting the SC straight.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

SC Time sense.

So she has been going for years to a station that only opened three weeks ago!

SC time makes Black Hole time distortion seem easy to understand.

Comment

MoonCat - Alternatively: "Is there a doctor in the house?! This woman appears to have amnesia!!" If only...

earl - Just another example of what we like to call CST: Customer Standard Time.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Oh god, the "do you know who I am?" shit again!!
            I always like to answer this by looking at them with a puzzled expression and saying 'Why? Don't you?'
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

A note to customers who are going to lie to get what they want - if you're going to spin a web of lies, you're probably going to get caught in it.

Hah. I hope she felt really silly afterwards. She probably didn't though...

Comment

Ugh, I hate that 'Since when?' crap. I used to work at a video rental place and people would constantly whine, "I didn't know it was due at MIDNIGHT! When did that change?"

Um, three years ago, long before I started working here.

At the bookstore there was a renovation some years back and customers are still complaining, "When did that section move?"

Um, five years ago.
                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  At the bookstore there was a renovation some years back and customers are still complaining, "When did that section move?"

Um, five years ago.
                  To this day, I still have the occasional customer ask where the Boston Market went (removed from the store at least five years ago) or why we don't give a five-cent credit on reusable bags (stopped doing that about four years back).

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                    So she has been going for years to a station that only opened three weeks ago!
                    Definately customer standard time at its finest
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Attitude aside (there's no excusing that) was there ever a petrol station of a different name/company/franchise etc on that site before you opened? I only ask because I've seen a few locations near me change hands a couple of times over the years.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                        Attitude aside (there's no excusing that) was there ever a petrol station of a different name/company/franchise etc on that site before you opened? I only ask because I've seen a few locations near me change hands a couple of times over the years.
                        She _may_ have gotten this location confused with another. Still, that doesn't make any excuses for her "better than everyone else" attitude...

Comment

When I worked in Pizza Delivery, the first day we starting offering customers 'Crust Toppers' we had someone call in and complain that their 'Crust Toppers' was missing off their pizza, and then they told us that they had been ordering from us for years, and can't have their pizza without it.
                          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                            When I worked in Pizza Delivery, the first day we starting offering customers 'Crust Toppers' we had someone call in and complain that their 'Crust Toppers' was missing off their pizza, and then they told us that they had been ordering from us for years, and can't have their pizza without it.
                            My pizza company is currently doing this. The thing is is that we only started doing this 2 or 3 months ago (part of a BIG "revamp" of our menu)and have NEVER really offered a lot of the crust toppers we now offer.

We received a complaint that stated in part :"I ordered the XYZ crust tonight and it was horrible. IT did not taste like XYZ and was not made to spec. I used to work for <pizza company> and we never made the curst topper XYZ this way"

NOW it may be that this person did indeed work for <pizza company> at one time BUT it had to be within the last 3 months.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post

No, prior to the station being built--there were trees, rocks and maybe some squirrels but no other business.

Comment

Working...
                              X