Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought reading comprehension was mandatory in higher education?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought reading comprehension was mandatory in higher education?

Woman came up to my register buying some large papier-mâché letters. They rang up $1.99 each, originally $2.99 each.

Customer: That's not right, they're supposed to be $1.00 each!
    Me: You mean $1.00 off?
    Customer: No, $1.00 each, that's what the sign said!

So I went back to the aisle where the letters were, and just as I predicted, the sign said $1.00 off. I brought the sign back up to the front, showed the customer where it said "off" in 1/4" tall letters. Of course she decided she didn't want them after all.

The part that I found funny was she was wearing a sweatshirt from Harvard.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Quoth XCashier View Post
    The part that I found funny was she was wearing a sweatshirt from Harvard.
    Maybe she got it the same way that I got my 'Universite de Paris Sorbonne' T shirt that I had as a teenager (i.e. bought it)
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Indeed, picked it up at a garage sale or thrift store.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Hell, university shirts mean nothing. I have, I think, four? from universities I've never been to. And not one from the university I did go to.

Hell, I have a tee shirt from a university that doesn't exist . . .

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          Miskatonic?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Miskatonic?
            Ah, good ol' M.U. I still remember the alma mater song, Iä, Iä, Cthulhu ftaghn!
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've had people argue that their printed burlap (regularly $12.99 per yd) should be $1.00 per yd because they refuse to read those signs.

I also had to help a new coworker with a super mean lady a while ago, when some satin was on sale but not all of it. The lady was very... sour. Made sure to tell me how our sales are RIDICULOUS and nothing is EVER where it should be, and we don't care at ALL. I became very robotic and repeated which fabric was and wasn't on sale and went away.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Miskatonic?
                Wossamatta U. On the hallowed banks of the Crimea River in Frostbite Falls, Mooselvania.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  and nothing is EVER where it should be, and we don't care at ALL.
                  Nothing is ever where it should be because customers pick up a bolt of fabric, decide they don't want it, and put it wherever they happen to be, whether it's in the right aisle or not. This isn't just one or two, this is dozens of customers every day. Many of us do care, but we're all overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of customers and not nearly enough hours to get stuff done.

And yes, I do realize she could've gotten that sweatshirt anywhere. I just thought it was funny that she's advertising a major university but is seriously reading-impaired.

Me, I want an Unseen University t-shirt. Like one of these. Pity they don't come in octarine...
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Miskatonic?
                    That's right.

Had a truck stop clerk ask me where it was, once . . .

Comment

I had someone ask me where Dalaran University was once.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                        Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Miskatonic?
                        Well heck, I haven't gotten that tee shirt yet. I wants one. (I do have a "patient" jersey from the Arkham Sanitarium...does that count?)

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Ah, good ol' M.U. I still remember the alma mater song, Iä, Iä, Cthulhu ftaghn!
                        You are now singing my favorite song, and I thank you for that. Its getting the Christmas carols out of my head

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                          I had someone ask me where Dalaran University was once.
                          I had the same thing happen with my "Catatonic State" college sweater.

Comment

Miskatonic... Ain't that in Massachusetts somewhere? Near Arkham? A pretty part of the country, I hear. But you con't get theyah from heyah!
                            I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                            - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

I want a sweatshirt from the Unseen University.. I swear some of the Librarian's relatives are from the Deep South....
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X