This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone's optimistic!

This happened about a week ago. We have a promotion at the petrol station where you spend a certain amount in the supermarket and get up to 10p off per litre of fuel. This promotion comes and goes, and has been going on for years. A customer came into the store with a coupon which looked a bit funny, so I took a closer look at it. Seems ok, til I see the date and facepalm. The date is the same date as today, cept that it's dated one year ago. I refuse it; the customer did not make a fuss, probably cuz he knew he was pushing his luck even trying. Out of curiosity, I tried to scan it and the till refused it. Funny that.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

The least he wasn't sucky about it.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Not that it had a coupon or anything, but our new kitten was recently playing with a crumpled Red-Bullseye receipt.

Examination of said receipt (which had no items of any importance on it, like some electronic item I would want to retain the receipt for) revealed it was from 2001. We didn't even live in this house then, but somehow the receipt made it here, and was discovered by the cat.

I wonder what the expression of the poor CS clerks face would be if I tried to return one of the items on that receipt?

Comment

Cats will find anything and everything

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
          Cats will hide anything and everything
          Fixed that for you.

(Kittens at Christmas. Baubles make great toys. Surviving cat aged 10 when I moved out. I found nearly a dozen hidden around the house.)

Comment

In my experience, SCs make a fuss over a coupon that expired a few days ago. A year ago is pushing it and they can't possibly hope that it will be honoured. This SC was probably just hoping I wouldn't notice. Silly man, even if I didn't, the till would!
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
              Surviving cat aged 10 when I moved out. I found nearly a dozen hidden around the house.)
              Like this?
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Considering he didn't raise a flack about it, he may not have even noticed the date. He may have found the coupon, saw the date was today, and thought "Crap! It's about to expire"; and never clued in on the year.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  Like this?
                  I love Simon's cat!
                  "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

When I worked in a long term (days/weeks) car park at Gatwick, I once had someone present a ticket with over 5 months to pay on it... Turned out they'd lost this ticket last time they took a holiday, then found it when searching for the one they lost for this holiday! Luckily they were able to find the right one, and avoided paying more to get their car back than it was worth... Not that it would have come to that, as we'd just have invoked the same lost ticket procedure they'd had to go through the last time.
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                    X