This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-way check-in fail

Let's see how well we can screw this up.

Late last night, a woman came to check-in with her husband in tow.

SC: "Yes, I have a reservation for SC and I have this." *slaps down a gift certificate for a 2 night stay*

At that point I only had 2 arrivals and SC's name wasn't one, but I noticed on the certificate she had hand-written "Jan 23 & 24". It was still the 22nd at this point.

Me: "Okay, so you want to use this for the 22nd and 23rd instead of the 23rd and 24th?"
    SC: "I reserved it for the 23rd. That's today."
    Me: "Actually, it's still the 22nd, but I can certainly get you into a room today."
    SC: "Oh, whatever, sure."

Fail the 1st: Show up to check-in on the wrong damn day.

Me: "Okay, I just need to see some ID please as well as a credit card for incidentals."

SC hands me her ID and CC and I type in the name and....nothing. I had a printed copy of the next day's arrivals, so I grab the list and start looking for it.

SC: "It's under Sucky Customer. I made this reservation months ago."
    Me: "Okay, I'm just checking my list to make sure it didn't get misspelled or something. You're sure it's under Customer and not another name?"
    SC: "It's under Customer. That's my name."
    Me: "Okay...." *keeps looking*
    SC: "It's under Customer. Or maybe Bitch."

I try Sucky Bitch and find the reservation.

Fail the 2nd: Have no clue what name you booked the room under and insist it's the wrong one.

I get the dates on the reservation changed, swipe the CC to authorize for incidentals...and it declines.

Me: "I'm sorry, but it seems the bank is having trouble authorizing this card. Do you have another one we can use?"
    SC *to her husband*: "Give me your credit card. Mine's maxed out."
    SC's husband *sounding annoyed*: "Why is yours maxed out?"
    SC: "I went shopping, remember? I spent a lot and apparently I maxed it out. Give her your card."
    SC's husband: "I can't believe you spent so much money! You always do this. Why can't you manage...." *continue extended rant between SC and SC's husband regarding SC's spending habits, much to the apparent amusement of the other guests in the lobby*

Fail the 3rd: Max out your CC so it declines when the hotel tries to authorize it.

3 fails in one check-in. She pulled a hat trick!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

And I see future fail such as complaining to get a discount...

Comment

I once made a reservation for the wrong day...

Had a seminar F-Sa. Stayed up late Thursday and made the reservation for the next day. Not thinking that I'd stayed up late enough that the next day was Saturday by then.

Felt stupid and embarrassed, but still managed a laugh. The staff was really cool about it as I explained what happened and made the change with no hassle.
      I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

SC sounds like someone you don't want to have around too long. Going to be problems, you just know it.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          And I see future fail such as complaining to get a discount...
          I'll take $100 on the SC staying for 22nd, 23rd, and 24th then saying her voucher should be good for that because "the girl said so" when she checked in.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Long term

If the husband is smart, I see a divorce in the future and a woman who can't understand why her landlord kicks her out of her rental apartment.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              If the husband is smart, I see a divorce in the future and a woman who can't understand why her landlord kicks her out of her rental apartment.
              Actually, it will be the ex-husband evicted when alimony doesn't leave him enough to pay his own rent.
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                3 fails in one check-in. She pulled a hat trick!
                Is that a record?
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  Is that a record?
                  No..as sad as I am to admit it, I think I made the record when I went to dragon con.
                  1st, I forgot to alert my bank that I would be out of my normal stomping grounds. So, when they saw Atlanta instead of where I should have been, they shut that down faster then I could say "WHAT?!"

2nd it was friday night, and said card did not have 24/7 service, so I had to wait until the next day to straighten things out. I was just fortunate enough to have bought some travelers checks so I was able to secure a room. I felt like a complete idiot for having to ask the hotel, who I knew would be booked solid, but they were willing to give me a room for a night, as long as I cleared it up the next morning.

Saturday rolls around and I find out.. oh wait I don't know my cards help line number... so I was panicking by that time, and had to have been a complete mess with the staff, who were very patient and understanding.

But wait it gets worse. I had forgotten to book smoking, cause well.. I don't smoke.. but the guest I brought along did. So.. I had to ask, again, if we could get smoking. Once I got hold of the Card company and got things cleared up, they had to go out of their way AGAIN to help me. By now my nerves were frayed, my patience all used up, and I had to look like a mix between Einstein and Wolfman Jack.

Nope not done yet. The valet parking lost my car. I had the ticket.. they just could not seem to FIND it. I went a little..ballistic. I was a first class SC then. I just flipped. Even though I knew it was not Valets fault, and that it would be found, I was a horrible horrible human being. Finally they found it, and I did calm down and apologize, but if there ever is a 'worst customer' award..I think I have it sown up.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X