X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowpocalypse 2015

To be added to as events warrant.

I was scheduled 5-close last night. In the morning ASM calls me and says he wants me in at 3. OK, fine, I can do that.

I go in at 3, and am told to come back at 6 to do 6PM-6AM, and then come back for my scheduled shift at 1PM.

Um...I don't think you can do that. I can probably hack the overnight IF I'm really needed, but no way I can come back at 1PM then. Not only does that violate the 8-hours-between-shifts rule, I don't want to be a pedestrian right when the travel ban is lifted.

Yes, it was "the most overtime", but I don't want to get in the middle of a 'time theft' accusation or get questioned about only 6 hours between shifts. I could use the overtime money but if someone over you tells me he doesn't want me to stay I'm going home while I can (if SM wanted me to stay I would, but I wasn't going to insist on it--not after working my normal shift).

SM sent me home at my usual time (11PM) because the eight carts of returns that ASM thought was going to take all night just took 3 hours; it was dead after 9PM, so everyone got on returns. I'm going in now because I'll probably be asked to pull 10AM-11PM--which I can do.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Rules

So they want you to break the rules, but if caught I can guess who gets blamed.

Comment

I remember in my days at Target, the time clock would not LET me clock in without 8 hours and 1 minute between my shifts...and I did a lot of those open-close oh so fun turnarounds. Work, drive home, eat, shower, sleep, wake up, dress, right back to work.

A pox on that.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
        So they want you to break the rules, but if caught I can guess who gets blamed.
        Precisely. I don't quite trust ASM when it comes to overtime; he's not the one that ultimately makes the decision. SM knew what ASM had asked me to do, and I think that's why he pushed to get everything done before close (I already have my regular overnight this week). Telling someone that they're doing an overnight in addition to their normal closing shift? No. That's 12 hours on, 5 off and 10 on the way he imagined it.

I didn't question SM when he said "go home at 11" yesterday; basically the only reason I would have stayed was the returns, which got done (there was about two baskets' worth left; not worth staying 10 minutes for). I know he wanted me to get home safe, and there would probably have been a liability issue if anything happened either in the store overnight or when I was going home (early morning during the height of the storm; plow drivers aren't expecting any pedestrians) as I wasn't supposed to be there.

I did 10A-9P today. Probably could have stayed til 11, but mom wanted me home (and to be honest, I made up my entire weekly scheduled hours over the past three days). The store was pretty dead; we didn't have much for people to buy. I did get bitched at about how dare we be out of milk, we were supposed to get a dairy delivery last night...before I ask how you know this I should ask have you been paying attention to the news AT ALL?
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-28-2015, 04:02 AM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X