This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarlon thinks.."beardless uncle...thats a new one."

outloud however she says, "I'm still confused....what in the name of the holy ancients is a lord of sparrowflight?"
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Wolfe, having been there when Sam and Amy talked is the one who answers. "Amy is one of the seven lords of the Castle Sparrowflight, and Sparrowflight is where we are headed. We need to find Amy, find out what is going on."

The dwarf lifts his head. "Amy? Amy Whitehand? You know Amy? Paladine be praised, there is hope!" His fist hits the table, and the table sort of jumps.

People start whispering, but it is an excited/hopeful whispering. Seems Amy is not unknown even among the commoners.

The dwarf stands up. "After this is over, we have to go see Amy. She can lift the black magic, show people that we 'Lords of Sparrowflight' are not the ones behind this mess!"
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sarlon listens intently to the dwarf a slight rise in her eyebrow.

"good darv, may i buy you a drink till this all settles down?"
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• He sort of blinks and looks at Sarlon, and sits chuckling. "A drink would be lovely."

Sarlon notices that with his outburst people have cleared away from him. Most likely thinking that if he really is who he claims to be what atrocities he has committed. If he isn't then he is just crazy, and a crazy dwarf is a scary thing.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sarlon looks around for a barmaid or server, and seeing everyone all but ignore her because of the dwarf, walks up to the bar ordering a elven wine, and what ever the dwarf was drinking, looking to wolfe and sam.

"something you the two of you?"

Comment

• Meanwhile back at headquarters.

Stalker nods. "As long as I am around, you won't fall. You didn't this time, I caught you before you hit the floor" he smiles.

Comment

• "The wine?" Sam asks, still wondering why everyone seems to know Amy.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                  Meanwhile back at headquarters.

Stalker nods. "As long as I am around, you won't fall. You didn't this time, I caught you before you hit the floor" he smiles.
                  "Hm...that's good to know." She smiles up at him.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Well to make a long story short in the Tavern..the gong sounds outside again (the all clear signal). The Dwarf tells one heck of a tale. He claims to be Merlin Kreights, though Merlin is supposed to be 6'0 tall and this Dwarf couldn't be more then 5'0". He claims to be able to prove it, if he can talk to Amy. Who knew him before he received his Axe and Medallion.

His tale doesn't end there, however. He claims that each of the Lords, his friends and allies, were likewise stripped of all the powers they had by dark magic. Somebody found out each of the Lords true names. stole personal items, and mixed the two to make evil doubles. If the items could be found and destroyed, each of the Lords powers would return to them.

Comment

• Ananda's been very quiet since entering town, wandering in the back of the group. Amy's given her... possibly too much to think about. Most would call it navel-gazing... but... ontologically speaking, this was a bit much to deal with all at once.
                      And to say nothing of the physics... and the sun...
                      The temple gives her pause, and she decides to wait outside on a bench, facing a lovely fountain. When Sarlon decides to take in the city, she follows along behind, trying to forget for a little while, and just enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of... a quite literally alien world.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Wolfe, having been there when Sam and Amy talked is the one who answers. "Amy is one of the seven lords of the Castle Sparrowflight, and Sparrowflight is where we are headed. We need to find Amy, find out what is going on."
                      <snip>
                      The dwarf stands up. "After this is over, we have to go see Amy. She can lift the black magic, show people that we 'Lords of Sparrowflight' are not the ones behind this mess!"
                      She'd been listening half-heartedly, staring at the wood-grains in the tavern table-- debating on how her writing materials would be perceived if she were to start drawing flowcharts and tables on what she knew of various philosophical explaniantions of their current situation, when the sudden shift in emotions catch her attentions as surely as a dog-bark. ... nobility... shit. Problems with said nobility. Double shit. Ananda, now fully paying attention, tries to ascertain how much .. uh... energy she has left, just in case.
                      She's missing her nine mil.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Well to make a long story short in the Tavern..
                      Great. Trinket Plot, Evil Twins... and what was this about true names? Another type of magic to keep track of? Ananda resists a face-palm, and scoots closer to her companions; she makes a mental note to ask the obvious question.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                      X