This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politicals.

I was working as a receptionist for a government justice department. I just answered the phones and dealt with mail/couriers, but, most days, that was enough.

And, of course, it was right before lunch when I got this guy.

Me: "Department of Justice, bonjour!"
    SC: "I want to talk to someone!"
    Me: "Well, sir, I'm someone. How can I help you?"
    SC: "You don't sound important. I have a complaint!"
    Me: "Alright, and can I ask your name?"
    SC: "Buttpancake Doucheface."
    Me: "What can I do for you, Mr. Doucheface?"
    SC: "Your justice system is screwed up! Nothing works! I was treated like a common criminal when I was just an ordinary human being! Blah blah blah, going to the public, blah blah blah, end of society as we know it, blah blah blah, corrupt officials... And I will lead a revolution, and then I will OWN you!"
    Me: "Okay."
    SC: "I... What?"
    Me: "I have registered your complaint, sir."
    SC: "... What? But... You don't have anything to say?"
    Me: "Not really, sir. I'll pass your message along to my supervisor and someone will get back to you."
    SC: "... Oh. Okay... Well, thanks, I guess..."
    Me: "Have a great day, sir."

I swear, nothing takes the wind out of their sales like not giving a good god-damn about their babbling. But it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Ha! Great success! Great job with deflating the guy like that, but i have to ask; what the hell was he trying to accomplish? Just calling up a random bureaucrat and ranting about the government....some people!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

That's what I thought. I didn't talk to many members of the public in that job, mostly just lawyers and police officers, so when I did get some random person, they were usually whackos looking for a place to put down a soapbox.

We actually got a letter full of "you hated the Nazis, you bigoted jerks", "what did people who participate in genocide ever do to you?" and, my personal favourite, "for every Jewish skull you saved, I shall break ten of yours!" The freakiest part was they had my boss' direct mailing address, office number and all. The police were called about that one.

Comment

Buttpancake.
        *snicker*
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
          "you hated the Nazis, you bigoted jerks"
          Um, call me crazy, but I think most of the world hated the Nazis, once we realized what they were up to...
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

We actually got a letter full of "you hated the Nazis, you bigoted jerks", "what did people who participate in genocide ever do to you?" and, my personal favourite, "for every Jewish skull you saved, I shall break ten of yours!" The freakiest part was they had my boss' direct mailing address, office number and all. The police were called about that one.
            And a "sieg heil!" to your letter writer to.

Or a heil (raspberry)
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
              "you hated the Nazis, you bigoted jerks"
              I bet that one began "Dear Kettle" and ended "Yours Sincerely, Pot. PS You are black"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                And a "sieg heil!" to your letter writer to.

Or a heil (raspberry)
                "right in the fuhrer's face"

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
                  "what did people who participate in genocide ever do to you?"
                  I'm pretty sure this is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

And the way you shut Monsieur Doucheface so thoroughly up was Absolutely Perfect.
                  "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                  X