X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vouchers are not cash!!

I forgot about this one.

Recently, the manager has started making gift vouchers for the bar. These have proven to be a huge success, as it is bringing more and more customers back. They are only small vouchers, only going up to £5. To get these vouchers, you have to spend over a certain amount of money.

Also, he has been very careful, he has put every single small print imaginable, including the old "Voucher has cash value of 0.000001p."

So, here we get crazy bitch who doesn't listen.

She orders her drink. Her total is £2.90 or something along those lines. She hands me the voucher.

Me: OK, now you know if you use this, I can't give you any change right?
    SC: Huh? Oh yeah, yeah, just ring it through.
    Me: Are you sure you don't want to buy another drink so you can use up the full value of the voucher?
    SC: Wha? No, just the one for now.
    Me: OK then. *does transaction*
    SC: ....
    Me: Enjoy your drink.
    SC: ....
    Me: ....
    SC: Ah-hem! My change!
    Me: You gave me a voucher.
    SC: Yes, a £5 voucher! You owe me £2.10!
    Me: It clearly says on the voucher that they have no cash value. I told you that before I completed the transaction.
    SC: No you didn't!
    Me: I told you I couldn't give you any change!
    SC: No you didn't!
    Me: I did!
    SC: Why would I give you £5 and not want any change?
    Me: You didn't give me £5. You gave me a £5 voucher.
    SC: That doesn't make sense.

Arguement went on for about five minutes. She left without her "change", mumbling about how the deal was a rip-off.

Oy vey! Reminds me of the people who try to tell me I can write them another raincheck for x number of items they could have gotten on the offer, but didn't. Listen jackass, you chose not to take full advantage of the sale, why is that my problem?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

They get a free drink and still think they're getting ripped off. I should be surprised but I'm not.
      "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
      "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
      --Dilbert

Comment

Jesus, you deal with some AWFUL people, CRML.

It's rare that I'm shocked, but I always end up feeling utterly appalled after reading one of your customer stories.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
          but I always end up feeling utterly appalled after reading one of your customer stories.
          Welcome to Britain!
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            Welcome to Britain!
            Maybe she was a chav?

I love the new words I learn here.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              Maybe she was a chav?
              Quite probably, considering the high number that CRML has to deal with!
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I dunno, CRMLs posts always remind me of pubs in Ireland. It's like reading about a little slice of home!

And makes me glad I don't live there anymore.

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
                  I dunno, CRMLs posts always remind me of pubs in Ireland. It's like reading about a little slice of home!

And makes me glad I don't live there anymore.
                  Ah. Just the thing to clear up any misbegotten thoughts of being homesick, huh?

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X