X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cinema guy View Post
    I guess that'd be pizza pi.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Fiyero View Post
      Only once have I gone to collect a pizza after ordering it (and being told 15 minutes or whatever) and they haven't even made it yet. I just wish they had been honest and said they forgot to make it, it wasn't even busy. I didn't complain but i was using a voucher so did OK.
      Happened to me once, except they had made it, but they gave it to someone else by mistake, and were remaking it. I was fine but the idiot I was with (former friend) asked that they give us a free beer or a free soda to make up for it. They offered free sodas, and he was offended when I turned mine down.

Then the idiot tried hitting on the girl behind the counter. I felt dirty for her.

Comment

You know, I once used Papa John's online ordering system, and I got a phone call from corporate about an hour later (15 minutes after it was to arrive) saying that they hadn't received a return receipt from the local store that they received the order. I didn't really care, it arrived about 2.5 hours after I ordered it.

I guess I should have complained, but I just ate a small salad and watched some Judge Mathis

Comment

We did the pizza-by-inces thing too.

Every few weeks I'd have to explain it to someone on the phone.
          "Well, sir, we go by measurement rather than a name for our sizes because that's clearer and can avoid misunderstandings. For instance, a 12-inch is our smallest, but I believe Pizza Hut calls that a Medium. Similarly, I believe a Pizza Hut 'Large' is 14-inches, but we have two sizes that are larger than that, the 16-inch and the 18-inch. That's why our 'Large' would cost more than a Pizza Hut 'Large: it's actually a bigger pizza."

Comment

The 9" Special remarks reminds me of something that happened to me here (I grew up in Seattle, but am now living in a small town in the Philippines). I ran into a couple of Mormon missionaries who were talking to locals at the McDonald's in town (I wanted a quarter pounder ... just had ot have a halfway OK burger).

Anyway ... these kids are always nice enough. So, I talk to him for a while. He finds out that I'm living here relatively permanently. He asks, "What do you miss most about Seattle?"

"Um ... dicks ... definitely dicks."

He turned BEET RED. I knew his partner was from a southern surburb of Seattle, so I just said "ask him, he'll know." The guy couldn't leave fast enough.

dicks or ... more correctly spelled ... Dick's is a small chain of really great fast-food burgers. Best fast, cheap cheeseburgers ANYWHERE.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

MIND.... OUT OF.... GUTTER!!!!
              EEP!
              "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
                You know, I once used Papa John's online ordering system, and I got a phone call from corporate about an hour later (15 minutes after it was to arrive) saying that they hadn't received a return receipt from the local store that they received the order. I didn't really care, it arrived about 2.5 hours after I ordered it.
                I got kind of annoyed with them once - I put in the order, got the email confirmation, but after over an hour, no pizza. My Papa John's is, quite literally, across the street. They could walk my pizza over. I've never had it take longer than a half hour, even when the quoted time was 45 minutes.

I call PJ's, and find out they never received my order. I was already on edge, due to work stuff that day, and just got a bit grumpy and told the kid to forget it, just to make sure that my CC wasn't charged for the pizza, as I didn't want it anymore.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I often have tools on my person, sometimes the oddest items. In the "how big is a 16 inch pizza" situation, well, one of my oft-carried tools is a dial caliper. I could have told that customer *exactly* how big the pizza is, to the nearest thousandth of an inch...

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                    I could have told that customer *exactly* how big the pizza is, to the nearest thousandth of an inch...
                    I suddenly have an odd desire to respond to, "Your pizza in 30 minutes or it's free," With: "No, I want a full 60 minutes in my pizza!"
                    *looks around, spotting crickets*
                    Are none of you math geeks? There are 60 minutes in a circle. It is roughly 6 times bigger than a degree. If I remember correctly. If not, I'm gonna get responses. *wanders off to grab marshmallows and chocolate... on a steek!* All right, I'm ready, bring it on.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      I suddenly have an odd desire to respond to, "Your pizza in 30 minutes or it's free," With: "No, I want a full 60 minutes in my pizza!"
                      Are none of you math geeks? There are 60 minutes in a circle. It is roughly 6 times bigger than a degree. If I remember correctly. If not, I'm gonna get responses. *wanders off to grab marshmallows and chocolate... on a steek!* All right, I'm ready, bring it on.
                      There are 60 minutes in a degree ...
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        60 minutes in a degree.
                        Hence giving lattitude and longitude in "degrees, minutes, seconds".
                        Only place I know of 60 minutes making a full circle is a clock.

Comment

Let's see...

360 degrees to the circle,

8 slices to the pizza (most common sizes),

so...45 degrees to the slice,

that means...

2700 minutes to the slice!

So, 1 day, 21 hours for a pefect slice of pizza. Makes Domino's 30 minutes or lees look pretty good, huh?

<Runs as the math geeks pelt him with protractors>
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

16 inches is 16 inches? I would have at least told him it's a foot and 4 inches, just to make him really feel stupid.

I think I have determined though, the most problems with food places occur at pizza restaurants. It's never hot enough, there are never enough toppings, it took too long to cook it. Where does it end?

Comment

I burned a moron really badly in a pizza shop once!

Both of us were sitting down, I had ordered online, this moron must of phoned the order in. Anyway, freaky occurance, both had the same ordering name, of course, his was spelt slightly differently. I KNEW what my order was because I typed in it online and made SURE it was spelt correctly.

Order comes up, 'Order for ******'. This MORON races up to the front counter knowing that we had the same name (I asked the customer previously if the name his order was under was ******).

Turns out we ordered the same number of pizzas, garlic breads etc.

Person behind the counter goes 'It's already paid for'. Meanwhile, I'm standing RIGHT behind this moron so close he couldn't even turn around to scratch his arse if he wanted to.

While he's hearing this voice behind him (remember, he can't turn around). I go 'Is it paid for with such-and-such card with number 4123 4567 8901 2345?'.

I get a response from the person behind a counter, 'Yes it is, how do you know that'. 'Because it's my order'. Grab the pizza's, walk out and leave the moron (the other customer) dumbfounded, BURNED!

Comment

Working...
                              X