Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't be such a PITA to ring up the ribbon if we didn't have to do 50 steps to ring up ONE yard of ribbon. If they'd streamline that process for us, so we only had to press one button or something, it wouldn't be so bad.

You know who are the BEST? The ones who want...everything on the spool. That's not a full spool--BUT you can tell not much has been cut off. So you have to measure the whole damned roll. By the time you get finished with that, half the time, they'll decide "nevermind, I found something in the dollar ribbon I like better..."

Or when you're trying to scan all that ribbon (and the 50-11 steps it takes...) the customer gets all antsy and bitchy if you don't roll it up RIGHT AWAY, but hell no THEY won't roll it up, as that would cause things to go faster, and we can't have that, can we?

(And if there is a way to ring up partial yards [say, a foot]--I don't want to learn it.)

Also, at my store, the by the yard ribbon has a sign up that says something like "see a sales associate for assistance" to get it cut. Which means, they search you out and get huffy when you direct them to the registers. Can't they change the sign to say "Bring ribbon to register to be cut. They have nifty yardsticks..with TWO labels on them...to tell them...how to cut it"

I babble again.

And too my dear co-workers. When you are doing the go-backs---DON'T throw the by the yard ribbon (or any of the name brand shit) into the dollar ribbon. I'd like to blame the customers soley for that one, but it's not just them. Dammit. lol
    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
      "Bring ribbon to register to be cut.
      Speaking from a cashier only stand point... Uh, yeah... send them to us, cause our lines never get hugely backed up when we're cutting thirteen thousand yards of ribbon for one customer! That makes a LOT of sense. Thanks, corporate!
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
        I really, really wish people wouldn't come to the register until they are finished shopping.

Frustrates me to no end when they pull crap like that. Look, you either want that, or you don't. It's not hard. Well, it shouldn't be hard, anyway . . .
        I hate that too.

Especially when the person buys furniture or a TV or something else I have to carry out for them. I'll load up their merchandise and wait either outside or in the vestibule between the doors for the customer, and then after waiting 15 minutes when nobody shows up to claim the item(s), I go back inside to try to find out where the customer is, and I get told "Oh, they had more shopping to do."
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Speaking from a cashier only stand point... Uh, yeah... send them to us, cause our lines never get hugely backed up when we're cutting thirteen thousand yards of ribbon for one customer! That makes a LOT of sense. Thanks, corporate!
          Heh, I know.

Of course, if we had someone to cut ribbon in the back, they'd totally tell us "oh, yeah, sure, it was the .80 per yard ribbon....not the 2.79 per yard....honest!"

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
            Heh, I know.

Of course, if we had someone to cut ribbon in the back, they'd totally tell us "oh, yeah, sure, it was the .80 per yard ribbon....not the 2.79 per yard....honest!"
            Yup, but, at our store, we have these wonderful little slips of paper for anyone cutting ribbon anywhere but the front counter, to write price per yard and number of yards on.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Juwl, I'm jealous of your store.

With the exception of the uniform thing.

Comment

What exactly are people doing with all this ribbon? It seems like 1/4 of the posts on this forum involve ribbon!!! I've never bought any in my life am I missing out on something?

Comment

Let's see: Ribbon weave (just what it sounds like, weave fabric out of the ribbon for place mat/vest/whatever), scrapbooking, trim clothes, trim costume, trim home decor, tie onto presents, decorate for wedding, etc.
                  I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
                  X