Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazy SC Makes Stereotype Proud! (very longish ranting!!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy SC Makes Stereotype Proud! (very longish ranting!!!)

This afternoon I got a gal so lazy and hateful at work that she was demanding satisfaction but could provide me with zero information that I needed to help her out yet she berated me for being a horrible customer service rep.

She didn't have her order number. Couldn't remember what telephone number she used when placing the order or if she used which one of her various last names on the order.

She called up and demanded I tell her where her direct ship item was exactly but couldn't tell me any identifying information. I hate these type of orders because she placed it online and she was buying a direct ship item. There's no guaranteed delivery by date on direct ships and most internet orders with problems involve something wrong that the customer lacking any reading comprehension level has done to themselves.

She wouldn't stop screaming and insulting long enough to give me much info for the first ten minutes. Once I got the info out of her that allowed me to get a meta search and find her order I told her what the UPS tracking number was and started to tell her goodbye after informing her that would solve her questions. She starts yelling at me anew, screaming that it was my responsibility to research her UPS order. I sighed, told the idiot that no, it was her responsibility not mine and we'd twice emailed her tracking info and the status but eventually I gave in and ran the number through UPS online tracking system, telling her who signed for it, when it was delivered and what time.

End of complaint right? WRong. She went off on a long rant that she was unsatisfied because it had been delivered after six days, totally ignoring on the website and her email stating that we deliver (for the cheapies that wil not pay express shipping) between 3 to 5 BUSINESS days and it had only been 4 business days at that point. She had issues with all sorts of things, was unhappy with the costs, with you-name-it. I tried to take a complaint form for customer service, listened to a torrent of her abuse before starting to say goodbye when she said I was "The worst freaking customer service agent of all time and I'm gonna see you fired!!!!!"

I stopped and pointed out to her I was a senior sales agent, not customer service and pointed out that I'd gone WELL beyond my job description by not just taking a delivery confirmation request to customer service and hanging up on her but by a) researching her order when she had NO information, b) giving her the tracking number yet again, c) looking up the tracking number at UPS instead of insisting that she do it and d) document all the things she was unhappy about her order,.

At this point I was somewhat stern with her and she started demanding to talk to a supervisor, manager, owner, whatever and I refused to allow that. She started screaming we screwed the whole thing up by delivering to the wrong damn trailer in the trailer park and she didn't know why we would do that considering UPS delivers just fine in h er trailer park.

By then I'm rolling my eyes and thinking she sounds just like she stepped out of the trailer park and onto the Jerry Springer Show (and this isn't a slam against manufactured housing, I once lived in one..but against a certain subculture that seems to be rife in trailer parks) and she's screaming even more about her kosher treats gift box.

Finally I tell her I cannot help her any further and snarl "Have a wonderfully nice day" in a voice so syrupy falsely sweet hostile I might have been uttering, "I hope Willy Wonka molests you up the pooper with a f*cking foot long Everlasting Gobstopper."

Sweet sonny boy savior, I need a new job....
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Quoth calulu View Post
    "I hope Willy Wonka molests you up the pooper with a f*cking foot long Everlasting Gobstopper."
    I'm think...I'm going to steal that and have it for the bottom of my e-mail thats used for e-mail D&D.

As for your SC...she's a twit.

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
      She went off on a long rant that she was unsatisfied because it had been delivered after six days, totally ignoring on the website and her email stating that we deliver (for the cheapies that wil not pay express shipping) between 3 to 5 BUSINESS days and it had only been 4 business days at that point.
      I got into an argument with my ex over business days vs. calender days once. She had opened a bank account shortly before we went on our first vacation together, and they told her she'd be able to use her ATM card after X business days.

Well, she tried to use it, and it wasn't working, and she started ranting about the bank sucked, they lied to her, etc. I calmly explained that while it had been that many calender days, we had crossed over a weekend, so it had not been that many business days yet. Well, she went off on me for "siding with them" and not her, and all kinds of stupid things. That should have been a sign of things to come, but I digress...

I told her that I was certain that if she tried it the next day, it would work. She told me I was full of shit, but she did try it the next day. It worked without a problem, and I didn't even get an apology, or even an acknowledgement that I was right.

I don't miss that crazy bitch at all.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Forgot the funniest sickest part of my day. Some zillionaire from Beverly Hills called to order a sympathy plant to be delivered to Charlton Heston's house since he just died recently and insisted the plant cost no more than 35 bucks..too bad it wasn't Johnny Depp's house I was getting the addy to or I might have been forced to get myself giftwrapped and shipped right to the door,,
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
          ..too bad it wasn't Johnny Depp's house I was getting the addy to or I might have been forced to get myself giftwrapped and shipped right to the door,,
          And if you did, would you share it with me? Pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry? It's in France somewhere, I believe, and je parle française!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            And if you did, would you share it with me? Pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry? It's in France somewhere, I believe, and je parle française!
            Me too? Please? *puppy dog eyes*
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
              "I hope Willy Wonka molests you up the pooper with a f*cking foot long Everlasting Gobstopper."
              This was a triumph.

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
              ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                This was a triumph.

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
                It's hard to overstate my satisfaction

That was a seriously batshit crazy woman you had there, OP. I would've hung up YONKS ago - you have the patience of a saint.
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                  ..too bad it wasn't Johnny Depp's house I was getting the addy to or I might have been forced to get myself giftwrapped and shipped right to the door,,
                  You see, I'd have to do that to Gravekeeper... kidnap him, bring him to safety... or at least away from the frozen cesspool a little.
                  Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

i'm betting she does the same thing to the clerks at the welfare office if 'what's owed her' is late.

crass, not class...
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                      Ya know, caffeine free Diet Coke cleans out the sinuses very well, but damn it hurts . . .

Comment

I can't stand companies that don't let you hang up on customers once they become verbally abusive. You're right about one thing, you DO need a new job!

Too bad she didn't physically threaten you, then you could at least demand she apologize or be charged. If your company had a problem with that, they'd be in hot water for interference in a criminal matter.

But that's going to far. Seriously, get out quick and find something better.
                        Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Working...
                        X