This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing runs (amok) like a Deere

Driverless tractor wreaks havoc in a Walmart parking lot in Ontario.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

It just amazes me that people just walked closer and closer to it to watch it destroy things. Just makes me think if dinosaurs were around a good % of people would be gone cause they'd walk right up to them to get a closer look at what they are destroying.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
      It just amazes me that people just walked closer and closer to it to watch it destroy things. Just makes me think if dinosaurs were around a good % of people would be gone cause they'd walk right up to them to get a closer look at what they are destroying.
      Isn't that why we have fences up at the zoo to separate the animals from the stupid?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

But the stupid still try to go meet the animals and then get Darwin awards.

Comment

I actually worked at a zoo and saw evidence of Darwin being thwarted at every turn. I actually had to work...hard...to keep people from walking under the wheels of our bucket truck. It was almost like they were compelled to try to kill themselves.

Seriously, I'd say things like "Ma'am, Sam can't see you from the bucket, please don't walk past the cones, she may run you over and KILL YOU." And not ten seconds later have to grab the person's arm and jerk them to safety because the person ignored me.

Comment

Kink you worked at a zoo? You just totally got so much cooler to me and I didn't think that was possible.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Aw, thanks! Yeah, I did two stints at the local zoo here. Worked in horticulture, and did a short stint in outdoor concessions (the horticulture one was really fun. The gig where I was assistant manager of the outdoor kiosks sucked. )

I was not an animal keeper, so, probably not as cool as it sounds.

But on the other hand, I got to drive a boom lift! Which ROCKED.
              Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 04-17-2011, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Actually I took horticulture classes in high school, so you are still just as cool.

Comment

Bad for the owners of those 2 cars. Try explaining that to your insurance company.

I remember an episode of Cops where a driverless car was going around and around in a parking lot. One cop eventually managed to get close enough to grab the driver's side window frame and slide into the car head first, and put a stop to it.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

With a tractor's huge wheels and high cab, stopping it is rather a lot harder than it sounds. Probably the best things to do are to clear the area of fragile stuff (like cars and people) and then either wait for the fuel to run out (could take a while) or stick something heavy and solid in front of it, such as a bulldozer.

Comment

Who drives a tractor to wal-mart?

Comment

Working...
                      X