X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Overview Chart of Depression

*cough*
    Anyway. This is a chart, no bells and whistles, about facts and myths of depression.
    MSN article, so not the best, but still very good, if only to get that information out and read.
    EDIT: some might have issues with MSN, 'cuz it's attached to microsoft, and some computers might be allergic to microsofinthehead.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 05-04-2011, 10:01 AM.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Huh, now the link works. *is cornfused*. Thanks for the pic.

For those who haven't guess I was the one who had issues with the link...
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Microsoft can still be soft in the head. :3
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

This is a great link, I need to find a way to send it to my moron so-called-friends who keep telling me to "get over" my depression.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Telling someone with depression to just "get over it" is like telling someone with diabetes to just "get over it." It doesn't quite work that way.

My younger sister was one of the people who told me that depression doesn't exist. I laughed my ass off when she had to go on Paxil for her own bout of depression. Karma, baby. It certainly bit her in the ass.

An ex-friend of mine had a brilliant solution for my depression--she told me to go get laid. Yeah. I didn't speak to her for six weeks after she pulled that little stunt. Good times.
          I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

There's better articles/info out there too! :3 Yaaaaaay internet!

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
              Telling someone with depression to just "get over it" is like telling someone with diabetes to just "get over it." It doesn't quite work that way.

My younger sister was one of the people who told me that depression doesn't exist. I laughed my ass off when she had to go on Paxil for her own bout of depression. Karma, baby. It certainly bit her in the ass.

An ex-friend of mine had a brilliant solution for my depression--she told me to go get laid. Yeah. I didn't speak to her for six weeks after she pulled that little stunt. Good times.
              Exactly! I said to my ex-husband that telling me to "get over it" about my depression would be like telling his mom to "get over" her rheumatoid arthritis. In the end, one thing that helped me in addition to therapy and medication was to divorce him.

Comment

One of these days I'm going to have to write out my theory of depression. It has helped me, and I think it could help others.

Comment

Well, there have been studies showing that sperm has mild anti-depressive effects, (taken either orally or, uh, non-orally) so getting laid regularly can help a little. At least if you're a female/gay male. Straight guys don't get any such benefit, sadly. But it's hardly a cure. (Me, speaking from experience? *cough* Naaaaaaaaaaaaah.)

But yeah, there is so much ridiculous misinformation out there about depression. I've heard people say things that just made me want to bite them. Grr.
                  The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                    One of these days I'm going to have to write out my theory of depression. It has helped me, and I think it could help others.
                    Please do; I'd be interested in reading it.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post

My younger sister was one of the people who told me that depression doesn't exist. I laughed my ass off when she had to go on Paxil for her own bout of depression. Karma, baby.
                      Someone I know once told me that they think "people who commit suicide are so selfish," and they said this with all the judgmental air that you'd expect.

This is someone who, prior to making this statement, knew full well that I'd gone through depression serious enough to be having suicidal thoughts, and who themselves had once had a serious enough case of it to be temporarily hospitalized for it.

I think some people stay trapped in 'black-or-white' thinking simply because they find it comforting, and can't bear to confront the cold hard greys of reality. *sigh*

I would also be interested in reading that theory of depression.
                      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

One of my psych professors said that depression is the most common chronic illness in the US. No one realizes it because it's not visible.

Comment

Working...
                        X