Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I am in the world seems to be dealing with Mother Nature not being able to make up her mind what sort of weather we're supposed to be getting. We had weeks where one or two days would see freezing cold and snow interspersed between mild and rainy days. A couple of storms were bad enough that the city pretty much shut down, but that's pretty much it. Mind you the thaw and freeze cycles have turned my street into a diagonal ice rink more than once, and my street is steep enough that my sidewalk has stairs and a series of horizontal pieces instead of just running parallel to the angle of the street. It's been bad enough where I've been trapped at home on these days because taxis won't even risk coming down my street in these conditions and I'm not about to attempt the sidewalk/stairs for fear of slipping and bashing my head.

The extreme cold plays havoc with my asthma too - I could wrap my scarf so it covers my mouth and nose but then I feel like I'm being strangled or smothered. Ugh.

Stay safe out there!

Comment

All right, which of you clowns decided that I need the cold temperatures and snow back over here? I was looking forward to a warm February for a change.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

We've had some strange weather here lately. Things like subzero temps...which tend to make it very difficult for a certain vehicle to leave the driveway. Then there's the city's refusal to do anything about keeping the streets clear. So getting to work last week was interesting. I nearly cracked up the car multiple times due to ice. Do not want.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We're supposed to hit 50 on Tuesday or Wednesday. Ugh.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

We made it through the -30. Now we're dealing with freezing rain at around 30 above.

Not fun to drive home from work in, but better than the -30, and worrying if my car will start.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

We hit 63 today. Even though it's hovering around 50 I have my window open because my apartment is warm. Looks like the warm weather will balance out having the heat on for the cold spell.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

We finally had a plow come through. Last night. And it's 50 degrees out today. Typical.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Meanwhile here it snowed lightly all day and is now 13 degrees with gusts to 45 so far. I know it's nothing compared to what the midwest was dealing with, but we don't get temps in the teens very often. Plus, we haven't had so much as a flake of snow this season and not very many frosty mornings, either.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I thought we had problems in Wisconsin.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Not too much snow in the storm yesterday here, just enough to make the roads slippery. Now, in southern MN, where my sister lives, it took her 2 hours to make the 15 mile drive home.
                      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

It's not too cold but we just had an ice storm come through so they closed the office early and we get paid for the time. Normally we'd have to decide on our own to leave and use sick pay but in the last year or so they have started doing this so we don't have to. I've had my problems with this company but I do see that they are always looking for ways to treat us better. They're trying. With the polar vortex our lunch vendor couldn't get over to us because their building was frozen shut. Our director ordered in food for us. That was nice because it was a free lunch. Vendor lunch is something we buy. I'm glad because last week I had to use a sick day because of my car. If I'd gone to work I would've been sent home early then, too.

Comment

Here in Hotlanta, last week saw sub-freezing highs.

Right now, it is 72F at 7:45PM and I just had dinner on the restaurant patio.
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

We're supposed to get snow and wind starting tomorrow morning so I decided to do my weekend grocery trip today instead. So did everyone else in town, obviously. The store was busier than I've ever seen it. At least everyone was cheerful, I heard multiple people joking about stocking up for the storm. The milk cooler was decimated. It was being stocked and the cartons snatched up as soon as they slid down. The whole situation was a stereotype, and I was a part of it, lol!

I bet we get a few flakes and a bit of a breeze. That's what normally happens. When the weathermen say it'll be a big storm it's a dud, and when they say there will be a chance of snow or rain, we get a foot of snow.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I just got another 2 feet of snow in the last 4 days.

Nothing says "FUN!" like shoveling off a ROOF at -15C. Before the wind.

I shoulda retired to somewhere south of the north pole.

B
                              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I went to Red Robin tonight. So did everyone else in town. it's the coldest night this week and I don't know why none of us wanted to be home.

Comment

Working...
                                X