Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But she tooollllld me you make them!!!!

So I go to a nearby They're Everywhere!!! coffee and donut shop for supper (aware as I do so that I am eating out FAR too much these days ...) Many of their outlets have recently started selling Chilly Creek ice cream and ice cream products.

I'm waiting in the line to get to the counter (I'm next) and there an older guy (older than me, I mean) at the station just off to my left. I can't hear the whole conversation -- he wasn't shouting but he was speaking with a certain intensity, as befits the situation.

And what was the situation?

Why, apparently earlier on, some nefarious employee had told him they could make parfaits. And either he or his wife was now just DYING for a chocolate-peanut parfait.

And some poor kid had just told him they don't make parfaits.

First, of course, he had to question the kid's competency to be working there at all. Then a second staff member got involved, but they still didn't make parfaits. He seemed stunned that this was still the case (but not, alas stunned enough to STFU).

Eventually a third staff member loomed up to see what the hell was going on. By this point he was describing the staff member who had (no doubt with malice aforethought) given him the WRONG INFORMATION -- presumably so she could be whipped and keelhauled the next time she showed her face around the premises.

The third staff member seemed to be a more senior member, who was clearly unfazed by this kind of crap (no doubt having developed an immunity by way of repeated exposure). She basically told him, very politely, "We don't make those. Here's what we do/can make. Which of them do you want?"

He finally chose something else, with an air of doing them a great favour, and left. When I looked over again, all three of them were doubled over, laughing so hard they couldn't talk.

Taking bets now that no one actually told him that they made parfaits, he was just trying to get them to make him one because he is a speshul snowflake.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

This is probably what he heard : "No sir, we don't make parfaits."
      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me at all, since the eeeebil employee who allegedly told him this had, oddly enough, gone home for the day. Which also made me wonder why he didn't order one when he first asked her about it.

Comment

you know what would have been easier on the old(er) guy was just to simply look at the menu...enough said

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            Wouldn't surprise me at all, since the eeeebil employee who allegedly told him this had, oddly enough, gone home for the day. Which also made me wonder why he didn't order one when he first asked her about it.
            Good point. I was wondering if he'd been told this by someone in a different sort of store (DQ?) but a scam attempt sounds much more likely.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              Wouldn't surprise me at all, since the eeeebil employee who allegedly told him this had, oddly enough, gone home for the day.
              Or those otherwise infallible voices in his head.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Since DQ's been promoting their Smore treats lately, I did ask at a store once if they could make me a S'more Parfait (I've been jonsing for one of those for years since they discontinued them). There was a bit of confusion, but it wasn't busy and she gave it a shot and I enjoyed it. (Next time I'll ask for just the cracker crumbs, mashmellow, and to use choco syrop instead of chunks). But if she'd had said nope, I'd have fallen back on my PB Parfait instead with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                X