This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Device Manager in Control Panel

Hey guys, this is a stupid little issue but one which is sorta irritating anyway...

Since I installed XP SP3 on my new rig (first install, brand new HD and everything) Device Manager does not deign to show up in my control panel. I can still access via more roundabout methods, but I did like the convenience of having it there.

Any ideas why it's missing/how to get it to show?
    ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
    Hey guys, this is a stupid little issue but one which is sorta irritating anyway...

Since I installed XP SP3 on my new rig (first install, brand new HD and everything) Device Manager does not deign to show up in my control panel. I can still access via more roundabout methods, but I did like the convenience of having it there.

Any ideas why it's missing/how to get it to show?
    I don't ever recall seeing it there, to be honest. I've always gone through "My Computer" to get to it. (Rt-Click - Properties - Hardware - Device Manager).

I even checked (installed) TweakUI to see if that had an option to place it there, but no dice.

The machine I use at work is still on SP2, so 3 shouldn't make a difference.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Device Manager only shows up under Control Panel > System > Hardware (I forget what "category" that's under) by default. Luckily you can make a shortcut (which can be copied into the Control Panel if you so choose) to access it directly; the file is %systemroot%\system32\devmgmt.msc . In most cases %systemroot% will be C:\WINDOWS\
      Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Thanks guys. Is a weird one, I guess I always just assumed it was there, maybe I'm too used to using Vista at work when I'm demoing/troubleshooting for customers. Ah well, I'll probably stick it back in there later
        ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Working...
        X