X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I "Scoby-Doo"-ed

.... in front of one of my idols.

This Friday, I went to the Anaheim Coimc Con (mainly because I have still yet to get a ticket for San Diego's comic con.... stupid new ticketing system) So my friend and I went to ACC so I could still have a Con experience.

While walking about I saw the booth Claudia Christian would be at on Saturday.

Now when I was in high school and college Babylon 5 was the Sci-fi show I geeked out to. And Claudia's character, Susan Ivanova, was who I model myself after.

So, since I happened to have Satuerday off as well [] I told my friend I would be coming back. (She already was planning on returning with her family the next day. She came with me the frist night to insure that it would be safe for her younger family members)

Being the gaint dork I am [hence the screen name] I own a t-shirt with Claudia on it that reads "Ivanova is God" (my favorite quote of hers) and decided to wear it Saturday.

So we get in, place her family at the Acura booth they wanted to see, and set off the find Claudia. Now the night before we spotted her booth while coming from the back of the hall walking towards the front, which placed her booth on our left. That morning we were going from the front of the hall walking towards the back which put the booth on our right. Guess which direction yours dorkly was looking towards in the mist of her fan girling?

If you said towards her left you're right and your brain works like mine..... that should scare you, a lot.

While looking in the wrong direction I hear an oh so familar voice say, "Love the shirt. I haven't seen one in years."

I whipped my head around and made this sound "Aaaruuuhhhh?" which most of my friends have dubbed my Scoby-Doo sound.

Thankfully the way I "Scoby-Doo"-ed did not phase Claudia Christian, and we talked for a bit. She asked how my wanting to be Ivanova whent I grew up went. I told her with no space station to work at it was kind of hard to do, however every time I have a difficult customer I channel Ivanova's spirit.

She signed some photos, and her CD for me, and guess the spelling of my name (the night before while getting a comic print signed I spaced and forgot my own name, my friend told the artist "Ignore her, this is how it's spelled) She even signed one of the photos "Ivanova is God" for me. And agreed to a picture with me [check the new avatar].

She is an awesome person and truly thankful for her fans. And really fun to talk with.

All in all, it was a great Con and the only time I "Scoby-Doo"-ed in front of my hero.

P.S. yes I really truly did make that sound. My friend's family did not believe me when telling them the stroy. They thought it was added to the tale for comedic effect after the fact. Noooooooo, I really am this big of a dork and have no filter to stop sounds out of my mouth. I really should be hanging my head in shame. Maybe after the smile form meeting Ivanova wears off. It looks like this only bigger.
    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

That sounds great

I'm actually all psyched b/c I never got to watch Babylon 5 (I watched it randomly, but the serial nature of it kept me from really getting into it) and it's now all on Netflix Streaming

Comment

Having a Scooby Doo moment isn't so terrible. Both times I've gone to concerts where there were meet-and-greets after the show, I got horribly giggly and rambly when I met people from the bands.

Never met any actors I obsess over, but if I did, I know I would get giggly again. That or faint, depending on who it is (ie- if I ever met Joel Tobeck, there would be much fangirly 'squeeeeeeeeee'ing from me and possible death-by-happiness. )
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
      X