This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All good things must come to an end. :(

I just got home today from the longest vacation I've had in a very long time plus the one I've done the most.

Part 1:

On the 20th we packed up the van with Zorro, Luna, and Kiri and headed to Orlando where we spent a few days on International drive. My parents were staying at their time share in Kissimmee - we went to the Kennedy Space Center on the 21st (worth it!)

We saw the newspapers on the moon landing and we just HAD to take Luna's picture in front of this one:

The 22nd we didn't do much, picked up our passes (2 year) at SeaWorld and had lunch there.

Part 2:

On the 24th we relocated to the timeshare in Kissimmee (we ended up buying one) for a week with my parents as well as my sister and her family. 4 days in Disney and 1 at SeaWorld. It was great to see my nephew (I haven't seen him since he was an infant and he's almost 4 now). We did a lot - several days at Epcott (we ate at Morocco (again), France (yum), Germany (YUM), and Norway (YUM!!!).

We also hit downtown Disney - I was a bit disappointed at the Lego store.

Our last evening we had a BBQ at the Fort Wilderness Campground, Zorro got his picture taken with Chip and Dale:

Part 3:

On the 29th we packed up and headed 2 hours north to Astor to a small campground (mobile homes converted to cottages) for a Florida Lupine Association meeting / gathering. Imagine waking up every morning to this (can you spot the 'gator?)

It was great - we met a lot of people and a lot of wolfdogs (hybrids) so Luna felt right at home. Luna won second place in their show for basic obedience. Zorro (they take non WD entries) won first place for basic obedience and tricks as well as 3rd place for best in show (I guess it was total points).

Full picture album:

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...Orlando-Astor/
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Your wife is adorable! :3 Zorro and Luna are looking good too! And, to top it off, I'm jealous of your vaycay.
    *goes to look at picture album*
    EDIT: gator: it's that wood-looking thing in the middle o__o
    Florida has a Lupine association? Nifty.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Yes, the FLA is a small club for wolf-hybrid owners. We figured owning vlcaks would be close to it and allow us to see what they might be like when they're older.

And yes, that's a gator and my wife wondered why I wouldn't let Luna swim in the river?
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
      X