This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
    Even if she is a runt I've seen many live a long happy life, sometimes longer then their bigger siblings.
    Second this...if a runt makes it to the age to be separated from their mother, their chances are pretty much the same as any other cat. Some stay tiny, and others I've seen caught up splendidly by a year, but they're no more likely to be sickly than any other cat.
    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I was wondering if you have any places for the cats to climb up? Like those cat tree/towers. They may be a lot safer for both of your cats to lay on, and get away from the dogs.

There's a really cool website called http://www.armarkat.com/

It has some awesome cat trees, for a fraction of the price that you'd pay for at the local pet store.
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

good idea. so far fluffy fancies being able to see outside as opposed to being outside
        if the other house cat would stop harassing her. chaos goes out of her way to bother fluffy

Comment

I apologize for the lack of updates. dealing with stomach issues which delayed things, and that I wanted to get the full info via the follow up visit before saying a word.
          Fluffy is fine, no balance issues no inner ear problem.
          Here is the short version, for longer more explained version read below AFTER this paragraph.
          Because she was scratching so much Fluffy would lose her balance and fall off. We have since gotten her a makeshift way up and down to her favorite viewing spot and gathering pieces to construct her own cat tower as dad gets alot of good scrap now and then and she seems to like some of the left over carpet squares he got one day so when its done we will use those.

Long version
          Fluffy was almost literally fluffy when i got her and remained as such a long haired fluffy cat until I moved to Louisiana. The humidity was a bit much so she shed to near baldness and slowly regrew her hair. When that began the vet said part of it was to adjust to her new environment and that she has flea allergies or rather allergic to the super fleas of our area. her hair regrew and she is still mostly fluffy but her tail hair came back two fold so thats the poofy part now.
          anywho due to her flea saliva allergy i now need to get her a quartizone shot every now and then to relieve the itching and a flea treatment (switched to a less harsh brand) every month. ie a tiny tube or rezone - i forget and too lazy to get up to read the receipt - every month to keep her better.

now she is up to date on her shots, rabies and all that and at a better vet. the last reason it took so long was her old vet having screwed up several records couldn't find hers and i finally said screw it i have her most recent rabies tags that should suffice. what happened is the previous vet combined fluffy with the other pets of the household WITHOUT asking which put her under a different name. they STILL send us cards that are way off due date for her shots and STILL say we haven't gotten her shots from '09 riiight so these three tags from '09, '10, and '11 are lies apparently.
          now i just have to get her a new collar and smaller tag that says if found call this number

Comment

Working...
          X