X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a weird week...

Damn. this is nuts.

Monday: informed by a friend that the awesomest birthday present ever (according to him, though he is being a jerk and telling all my friends what he ordered and making me watch their reactions! Jerk. ) is on its way to me, and he wants to celebrate my birthday early (like, 2 months early.) Cool, says I!

Monday: Crap goes down at work (oh, you guys have no idea how BADLY I want to tell you some of these stories...they make some of my old stories look tame, but it's just not safe for me until I find a new job. Though at this point, getting fired really sounds appealing.) UGH.

Tuesday: I manage to start my diet again, sort of. I actually lost 20 pounds last year in a few months, but then got hit with travel and the holidays, and gained it all back. Now trying to lose weight again. Yay!

Wednesday: Get word that not only was I accepted into the next NASA Tweetup (and it's just down the freeway at JPL: no travel costs, YAY!), but at least 7 of my friends from the previous Tweetup were also accepted, so I get to see them in about 3 weeks.

Today: work explodes into the beyond-insane, and I discover that I'm expected to manually tally over 8,000 responses (and that's a lowball figure) to open-ended questions on a survey my office did...and they're supposed to be done in a day or two. While not letting my regular work slide. Yeah...Already working 10 hour days almost every day (come in 1 hour early, eat at my desk to work through lunch hour) and averaging 50 hours a week...sure, counting up and sorting 8,000 poorly-typed comments will be a cinch! Actually left the office in tears tonight.

Tonight: spent time on Twitter joking with two friends (one of whom is the Jet Propulsion Labs news manager) about what to name the next Mars lander, and throwing out names referencing Buffy, Rescue Rangers, and My Little Pony. Fun!

Tomorrow is Friday and payday (cue the Hallelujah Chorus!) so we'll see if I survive...

Yeah. Weird week. And there are still two days left in it. *whimpers* Somebody hold me.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Oy. CSV to excel, sort and go have a sammich?

And cuss in 3 languages while you're doing it all. Honey, hugs. I sowwy. Why dont you have Lupo come over and help? hehe I can just see you both together. You go shopping with her and have to gang up on the asshats, and she comes to work with you, and helps tell your ..ahem where ahem Achoogo.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

*huggles Joi* there, there, it'll be ok.

As for dieting. I have a "cheater's" cherry chocolate cupcake recipe that, with frosting, comes out to less than 100 calories per cupcake. LIFESAVER!!!

Best of luck on the dieting, I've been there, I AM there, lost about 60 lbs in the course of 14 months and then...tapered off and stopped. Now I'm back on it and it's hard to once again readjust your lifestyle. >.<

As for work.... 8000 responses?? *gulp* How about I go whip up a batch of those cupcakes, huh? Best of luck. And we'll go get a hand massage scheduled for you at the end of the week for the finger cramps.

Cutenoob, you volunteering me for some reason? I cannot POSSIBLY fathom what you mean, after all I'm quiet, modest and polite most of the time. But thanks for reminding me I have to go grocery shopping today. Buh!

Comment

Please to send cupcake recipe?? That sounds amazing!
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I'm sorry. I think it has to do with the moon, because this week has been crazy for me too!

Monday we found a snake in the bathroom. I'm just glad I found it before the kids did. It was non-venomous, but still, bites hurt and my kids like to touch everything. It managed to dissapear when the wildlife removal guy showed up and then the cat found it on Thursday morning.

Then all day Wednesday my son has this wicked vomiting and diarrhea combo and refused to wear diapers to help control the mess. Yeah that was fun to clean up all day.

And on top of it I'm finishing up a big order and making sure everything is perfect, and I can only get enough time to work in 5 minute spurts.

Plus I need to pay for my summer school today.

What phase is the moon in again? Cause I need a vacation.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I feel your pain

It has been a miserable week. I got saddled with a lovely snail mailer this week. Of course I have to compare our database with this new one and pull out the ones we already had. Of course this would be easier if the info in the new list was close to be right. So 2 states about 2200 lines to go through. And it goes out next week. On top of my normal stuff. I love my folding machine (tri folds, stuffs and seals the envelope)

And all of this on top of other crap and my Grandma going slowly insane. And hubby and i take his parents to the airport on Sunday at an unearthly hour.

And that recipe for cupcakes be made with say raspberries?
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Elspeth: yes, it can. or strawberries, if you can find them well enough. I mostly go with cherry because cherry pie filling is great in a pinch. Or when you're feeling lazy... :P

Comment

Working...
              X