This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toothache

Ok, I'm bad about going to the dentist, I acknowledge that. So of it is because my insurance company is impossible to deal with. Anyway, this tooth is in bad shape, but has never really hurt, until last night. couldn't get to sleep for ages. So I checked and hey! There's a dentist near me that's open on Saturdays and takes my insurance! Yay!

I call them. Turns out since I have an HMO plan I am supposed to be assigned to an office: if it isn't their office, my insurance won't pay the claim. Can't afford that. So I call my insurance to try to figure out what dentist I'm assigned to and if I can get it switched...and after spending 10 minutes navigating their phone menus, I find out that they have no reps to talk to on Saturdays. *cries* And their website is less than helpful in that regard. (I've been trying to get them to send me a new ID card for 2 years, and they keep not doing it. Stupid Anthem.)

Anyone have a clue about how to navigate this maze?
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Alas, I don't have any help to offer in regards to navigating your insurance maze. Though perhaps this little tidbit will help you coping with your tooth.

Clove oil. I've tried it and Anbusol, and personally, the clove oil works better even if it tastes worse. Or at least as bad. It'll make you salivate a LOT, but hey, that's better than constant pain, right? It's by no means a proper substitute for having the tooth actually dealt with by a professional, but maybe it can help you stay sane (or not go much more insane) until you can get to a dentist.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      Alas, I don't have any help to offer in regards to navigating your insurance maze. Though perhaps this little tidbit will help you coping with your tooth.

Clove oil. I've tried it and Anbusol, and personally, the clove oil works better even if it tastes worse. Or at least as bad. It'll make you salivate a LOT, but hey, that's better than constant pain, right? It's by no means a proper substitute for having the tooth actually dealt with by a professional, but maybe it can help you stay sane (or not go much more insane) until you can get to a dentist.
      That and also swishing around some alcohol (the cheap vodka or booze) but I only recommend doing it on a time you won't be driving. It's pretty instant in terms of relief and helps out. Toothaches suck.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I've found plain old Vanilla Tylenol to be quite effective for toothaches. Or you could try ibuprofen. Take as directed . . . do not take more than the recommended dose.

Ice to the side of the face would probably help: 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off.

Anusol works pretty well. I've never tried clove oil.

Whiskey or rum rubbed to the gum line may or may not help.

But, the bottom line is you need a dentist asap.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

if it involves your gums at all i find hot water helps and you can just sip swish swallow until it stops hurting or you have to pee

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! I went and bought some Orajel today, which seems to be keeping it at bay. I'm gonna try to call the insurance company on Monday. UGH.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
            X