Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't help much but I'm sure you did the right thing.
    I couldn't help laughing at the chip-stealing picture, he SO knows that he is being naughty.

Comment

Oh Mike.

Believe me, you did absolutely the right thing. I'm certain he knew it was time, and it's far better for them to go quietly, in the company of their family, with a caring vet and vet tech helping them.

The first symptom of the drugs they use is pain relief, and unconsciousness. And that is .. such a blessing.

I'm sure he knew you were doing your best.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'm sorry to read this. He was a beautiful cat.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

He was gorgeous.

I know what it's like, too. And I didn't know, until I took my kitty to the vet, that he would have to go. I thought the vet would give him some medicine, maybe put him on a special diet, and he would be better. As it turned out, his kidneys were failing. I went there with a live kitty and came back with a dead one.

It was the worst day I'd ever had, until last year.

Comment

I'm so sorry for you loss.

It must be so hard to lose a pet, especially one you've had so long.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I'm so sorry, Mike
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

Thanks for a wonderful tribute to one of our furry friends Mike.

As an aside, for those of you who may someday face the decision, some vets (especially if you have a good rapport with them) will do house calls for that last visit. I like to think that Loki liked having Dr. C. come by while he was relaxing on his couch in between his humans and then just going to sleep. Seemed a lot less traumatic on all of us. Something you might ask about.
                  Last edited by sms001; 05-01-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

There is nothing to say that can erase this hurt. Know that you have my deepest sympathies and many hugs.

Comment

I'm sorry. What a lovely cat! Keep him close to you in your heart. His spirit will never be far from you.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm so sorry I'm just now reading this.

My condolences
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your losing such a great friend.

Mine are getting on up there, and I know I'll be facing it soon, also.

I can say that even though the vet was dry-eyed, I'm sure he still felt bad. When I was a vet tech at an emergency clinic, I had to administer the shot many times. None of us ever "got over" it. Even an animal I had never met before would leave me in tears.
                            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I'm so sorry, Mike He looked like a lovely cat, and it sounds like he had a lovely life.
                              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'm so sorry, Mike. I too, had to put a kitty to sleep. Kitty was originally my grandmother's cat. But, I was the one who played with him, let him inside to "watch TV," and brought him home after I'd bought my house, and she sold her farm. By then, he was 12 years old. Little did I know that he'd only be with me just over a year. October of '07, Kitty was dying. He had fluid in his lungs, and was in serious pain. The day he died, he kept trying to throw up. When I got home from work, he was crying, so I took him to the vet. That's when I got the bad news--the fluid was going to kill him, and the operation to remove it...was no guarantee that it wouldn't come back, or even that he'd survive. Like you, I didn't want to see him suffer, and made the very difficult decision to end his pain. One thing I didn't do, was bury him outside--after I brought him home, he *hated* being outside. Never mind that he was an outside cat on the farm... Instead, Kitty was cremated, and his remains are on a shelf in the hallway. I just couldn't bear to put his ashes outside--I felt that to do so, would have been torture. I wanted him to be at peace

After he died though, the house seemed too quiet without a cat. That's when I adopted Snow. She was a very fluffy, but deaf cat. Nobody would adopt her, because she couldn't hear. Other than that, there was nothing wrong with her. She loved to play, and was very sweet. Like your cat, she loved to pull things off of the Christmas tree, and to hide under it. Most of her day consisted of sleeping on my beat-up recliner, and trying to get the 'birdies' outside. I couldn't actually *let* her outside, because she was deaf though. Too many idiots speeding on my street, and too many neighbors had dogs. Anyway, Snow only lived with me 6 months. She had a heart attack, and died in my kitchen April Fool's Day of 2008. Again, the house was too quiet without a cat

With all that said, Mike, I do know how you feel. Losing a pet is never easy. However, I'm sure they're all no longer suffering, and are enjoying lots of kitty treats, huge balls of yarn, and are probably curled up on a chair somewhere.
                                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                                X