X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :< :D :O

So hi everyone again!

Been getting some PMs/emails from people going ZOMG WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUUUU and whatnot. Especially in regards to a thread I once posted about our here last year and whatnot.

Wellll....things got a little crazy here.

I got really, really freaking sick a few months back, ended up in the hospital.

So we got a nice $3k bill from the hospital for that. Thank you insurance for covering some of it, but we still had to pay around $750 for it. Which wasn't *so* bad at the time.

Oil company came over and filled up our tank, even though we told them NOT TO. They were all "lol, sorry....anyways here's a bill for $1,100."

Then literally the next month my glasses broke to the point I could no longer repair them. Lovely. Not only had to buy new frames, but they couldn't use my same lenses, so all around massive-butt expense! And then we found out that my insurance had forgotten that I did want eyecare coverage.... "lol, sorry....we'll put it on there *now*, but we're sure you can handle this bill BAI"

So yeaaaah....was rough there for a while. We have been plowing through all of that, just trying to keep our heads above water and pay off all the debt. Don't get me started about how our government tried to lend a helping hand with that.

Interesting thing did come up though. I got an email a few weeks ago, from Consumerist of all people, asking how we were doing. Turns out, a letter I'd written them last year had been published, and they forgot to tell us. I talked to them for a little bit, and didn't know they were, surprise, actually conducting a follow up interview. Which was promptly posted for all to see. /facepalm (I didn't know if it'd be okay to link it here.... <.<)

Good news though, things are starting to look up finally. I ended up gathering my courage and approaching a local company with an already-made mockup, and a huge-arse letter detailing how I can not only save them money, but make them money! They loved the proposal, and bought a website redesign from me! YAY! Amusing part....they're the company my husband works for. So they've been teasing him about it. Its a bit of pressure on me, because I gotta make a good impression, for both my husband and I.

I totally just had to get that off my chest. Feels good to rant a bit about it, and talk a bit about it.

Oh yah, totally quit World of Warcraft. Amazingly, felt like a burden was lifted off when I did that.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

My Fiance and I, along with a lot of other people we know, have quit WoW. He's been playing Final Fantasy XI until they can get FF XIV fixed up, and I'm focusing more on school (and playing a bit of Plants vs. Zombies). WoW was just becoming a hassle.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

"Oil company came over and filled up our tank, even though we told them NOT TO. They were all "lol, sorry....anyways here's a bill for $1,100.""

That wouldn't have flown with me. I flat out would have told them, "You might as well come and get your oil, because I ain't paying you for it. I TOLD you I didn't want it, and it will be a cold day in Hell before you see a dime for something I didn't order."

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
        WoW was just becoming a hassle.
        SO quit WoW too, he didn't like all the crap they put out since Cataclysm. Now he's playing Dark Orbit and trying out this other game a buddy recommended called Rift. That's being a gaming wifey for ya.
        Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 05-07-2011, 03:32 PM.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Fiance tried Rift and didn't care for it. I think this summer we may try out Guild Wars 2. He also wants me to play one of the older FF games...probably 6 or 7.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I gave up wow for lent....and really haven't played since just after release....

the game just isn't a challenge any more...and I've been playing since before Maurdon came out. (path 0.01.13 or something like that)
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
            X