Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he throws away perfectly good things and it irrates me!
    Sounds like a friend of mine. He's been known to toss the cap from a spice bottle out while his wife is still using the spice! They do have a beautiful house, though. They have a much lower threshold for clutter than I do.

I could do better about tossing things out but since I live with two other packrats, er, people, it's hard because sometimes I want to throw something out and one of them wants to keep it. I remember reading somewhere that if you haven't used something in two years, you don't need it. Hell, I probably don't even remember I have it!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Watch out with that, "he throws out perfectly good stuff" is a worrisome sentiment. If you keep everything because it's "perfectly good", you're going to end up living in a habitrail of "perfectly good" crap you'll never use.

I'm telling you, I know. It's a demon.

Comment

Good job it's so much better to clean a place up and keep it up, and like you noticed it's easier to maintain when it's basically clean in the first place. Maybe you can motivate my daughter to do the same thing to the disaster that is her room.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          See, my problem is I don't even do that much. When I said molding dishes, I meant it.
          It's happened a number of times, especially while I tried to get my roommate in on chores.
          I've given up; and pretending I live alone. It's not like she uses anything but her room and the bathroom anyway. Nor is she ever home.
          ... Kink, I'm a little scared to look that stuff up. (I don't have TV, just the interwebs)
          EDIT: :basks in tub of conga-rats:
          I had a roomie that pretty much refused to do dishes, and I got tired of having to wash something when I needed to use it - so I got my first microwave, and bought paper cups, bowls and plates, and plastic flatware and locked my pots and pans up in the linen closet. Ever see a non male dorm kitchen with a 55 gal garbage can in it?

I can only thank the gods we ad a no pet apartment, ghu alone knows what we would have found in her room when she moved out@_@
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            ...if you haven't used something in two years, you don't need it.
            Guess I'd better go get fixed.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Guess I'd better go get fixed.
              Hah me too
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've given up trying to keep a clean house. It's not *nasty* by any means, but there is a fair amount of clutter. Mainly...because I'll try to neatly stack up papers, magazines, and other things while going through them...only for said stacks to get scattered all over the house because of the kitties. They can't resist getting into things, or chasing each other all over the house! At least the living room and my bedroom are pretty clean, and the kitchen and bathroom are OK. But, the worst mess has to be my basement. Again, I try to keep things clean down there, but that doesn't happen all the time.

One thing I've noticed lately, is that I'm having a hard time figuring out where some of my model stuff is now. When Christmas came last year, I felt it was time to move all of that stuff from the living room (when you live alone you can get away with this ) back into the basement where it belongs. But, since I tend to bounce around between projects, some things got scattered. I still don't know where my annoyingly-long-term '58 Chevy (yes, that one) disappeared to, nor do I know where some of my Mercedes 300SLR parts went to. Pain in the ass, since both kits are now discontinued and impossible to find now
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  Ever see a non male dorm kitchen with a 55 gal garbage can in it?
                  55? Not even in theirs...
                  RE: "perfectly good": donate that shit. If it is perfectly good, then there you go. I have shoes and bras and socks and underwear that are still good fabric-wise, but not to wear or donate. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them... I can't use the bras for melon-supporters, 'cuz mine are too small!
                  RE: dalesys and telecom : I hope that's not true.
                  Protege: try putting your unorganized stuff into boxes with lids, that way they don't get knocked over. (up against a corner wall, snap on lid...)
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                    Aethian, did I ever mention I am a champion procrastinator? If I don't want to do something, I won't do it. I don't want to do it, many times it's as if I'm physically tied down.
                    Thus, my inbox would be flooded. Actual physical people (such as my mother) work best... but that's not viable as an adult, so I need to figure shit out mostly by myself.
                    Which it looks like this site may help with. I'd only heard of flylady in reference to email reminders.
                    Yea, tell me about it, Mom is coming to help me get ready for the boyfriends visit. I've done a lot but let me tell you it takes me a week what she can get done in five hours. It's kinda scary that a almost 70 year old can do that. But then she's a Mommy.

I use her for the printouts and have a print out up on what needs to be cleaned that week. Now it's just the fact that I NEED to stay with it. Like I got myself one of those hard floor vacuum's and steamers. Mostly because of one of my puppies having a bad allergy and another site I read a lady has one of those, uses it every day and her puppy has shown less reactions. Tfat and her floors stay shiny.

Want to be a flybaby with me? I could use extra encouragement with staying up with this after Mom leave and after the BF leaves.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Watch out with that, "he throws out perfectly good stuff" is a worrisome sentiment. If you keep everything because it's "perfectly good", you're going to end up living in a habitrail of "perfectly good" crap you'll never use.

I'm telling you, I know. It's a demon.
                      I do keep stuff but our apartment is really small so I can't keep too much. Examples of perfectly good stuff: If his socks get "grayish" looking but are still in great condition, he will throw them out instead of bleaching them, I had two rolling pins note the word "had" he threw one away because he felt one was enough (it was my rolling pin dammit!!), he will throw out good shoes just because he feel he wants new ones or that he has had them for too long. Now me, on the other hand, will wear my shoes till they fall off, I will wear socks until they develop holes and I would never throw away a perfect rolling pin..LOL That is an example of what he tosses, I just think he goes overboard. We are not made of money but sometimes he seems to think we can just go out and buy brand new stuff. He is getting better at checking in with me before he goes wild.

Comment

Working...
                      X