This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kitty!

The hole in my house since the loss of my wonderful friend Stumps was unbearable.

My friend J from school/hospice finally got fed up with my moping. "Go to the shelter and get yourself another orange tabby!"

So I did. Sort of. I went to the local animal shelter to look at the kitties. I considered a dog as well, but concluded a dog is just too much work given my hectic schedule.

I found several orange tabbies I really liked. They were all really nice cats: friendly, mellow. But I kept thinking of Stumps and felt very sad.

Then I saw this cute little grey tabby kitten. She was both affectionate and playful. Loads of energy: vigourously snuggling one minute, chasing a bottle cap on the floor the next, then trying to jump as high as she could against, of all things, a wall . . . ignoring the baby door she could easily have jumped over to run loose in the shelter. Purred all the while. I couldn't help but laugh, and I suddenly felt very joyful. I knew she was the one.

So I filled out the paperwork and paid the adoption fee. She got spayed yesterday and I brought her home today. She's been bouncing off the walls ever since. She'll come snuggle, the dash off down the hall and run hither and yon.

The shelter named her Selli, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep the name. But she sure is a silly girl.

I tried to get some pictures but she'll hardly hold still enough for me to take one. Most came out really blurred. Here's a couple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0669.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	2033296

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0673.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	2033297

Right now she's going nuts attaching a feather cat chase toy on the couch next to me. She seems really happy to be home with me.

I'm happy to have her. The house doesn't feel empty any more

Now I just have to teach her to stay off the laptop when I'm blogging

She's really good about the claws though. She doesn't bite or claw when she's playing. She doesn't even use her claws when she twists the wrong way and slides off my lap
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Awww!!! She looks just like my Stars. She's not quite so affectionate (well, unless you're my dad at bedtime) and playful, though. Her favorite place is my dad's bed; I think she thinks she's part of the pillow arrangement.

Glad you have a new friend to help fill your hole.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

She's beautiful! What a doll!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yay! :3 You can never replace a lost love-- but loving again helps with the pain. I'm happy you're happy again.
        EDIT: The ... other... kitty threads I didn't comment on were way too sad to keep reading. (Thus, no comments from teh)
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Awww, she's precious. And she sounds like my boyfriend's cat, whom I've been referring to as "Nutless" since he got neutered. He has so much energy and he's always climbing all over shit and knocking things over. He's just a live wire.

I know no kitty will ever replace your Stumps, but I'm glad to hear this one is able to brighten up your life and your home a bit.

(And as I type this, I have to keep my 20-pound lard-ass land whale of a cat off my laptop because he's drooling.)

Comment

Kittykittykitty!

ahem!

She's adorable.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

AwwwwKITTY! She is sooo cute. I love gray tabbies.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

She looks like a sweetheart. <3 So glad you found one who fit in so well!

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  Now I just have to teach her to stay off the laptop when I'm blogging

<wheeze>

Oh, good luck with THAT!
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post

<wheeze>

Oh, good luck with THAT!
                      Tell me about it. I figured out why she jumps on the lap top every time I start typing.

She's attracted by the movement of the cursor. Anything that moves, no matter how small, she chases.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

KITTY!!!!!!
                        She's adorable. I've always believed female tabbies were the best hunters. No logic to this, and my Morgan is an exception to that.

Congrats!
                        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Yay congrats on the kitty!

She's a doll!
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Kitty....too....cute....*melts into puddle of goo*
                            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Kitty! Is cute ball of fuzz. More picture?

Comment

Working...
                              X