Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

TIL that a Bridezilla...
Old 07-17-2019, 10:21 PM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

Default TIL that a Bridezilla...

...thought we could force boats in the harbour to move so they wouldn't be in her wedding photos.

It's wedding season and we've been having at least two weddings a weekend at the hotel. It's got a lovely view of the harbour and Signal Hill so it makes sense that people want to get some nice pictures.

But, the harbour is a working harbour that gets some very big boats in. Boats that aren't picturesque or as cute as a little yellow dory. And we have absolutely no control over when these ships are in port, tied up at the harbour.

Yet one Bridezilla recently lost her mind over this because the ship directly in the way of the shots she wanted was massive and ugly (it, and the rest of the fleet it belongs to, IS ugly - bright orange and muddy yellow). She apparently stormed the front desk to demand that they do something to get the boat moved long enough to no spoil her wedding photos, and was told that there was nothing they could do about the boat. Bridezilla went all the way up the chain of management at the hotel and was told the same thing - it's a working harbour, we have no control over the ships docked there.

Bridezilla then managed to contact the harbour master and made the same outrageous demand. When her demand was denied she freaked out further and demanded that the hotel refund her hotel room, the banquet, and everything else. Needless to say, those requests got denied as well.

In her need to somehow get back at the hotel, she (and the groom) pretty much ransacked their hotel room that night. Red wine was splashed liberally around the room, and the crisp white bedding was marked with several purple stains that even soaked into the duvet. Rose petals where crushed and smushed into the carpet. It was a pain to clean up...but the damage and extra cleaning the room required were added onto the credit card used to pay for the room. Which I only discovered today when a couple of front desk people were in the lunch room talking about the woman who showed up that morning to dispute extra charges on her credit card - the mother of the bride.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:24 PM
Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid

Not the Red Wedding I imagined it would be but it sounds like it came close.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:49 AM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
In her need to somehow get back at the hotel, she (and the groom) pretty much ransacked their hotel room that night....Which I only discovered today when a couple of front desk people were in the lunch room talking about the woman who showed up that morning to dispute extra charges on her credit card - the mother of the bride.
In cases like this, someone should take time-and-date-stamped pictures, and plenty of them, or a video of the damage and show them to the person disputing the charges.

Momzilla: My darling daughter and her new husband stayed here and you put extra charges on her room for no reason! I demand they be removed!
Manager: Let's see...they stayed in room 123 on February 31, right?
Momzilla: That's right!
Manager cues up the video on the computer and turns the screen so Momzilla can see: the camera focuses on the door of 123, then goes in and takes in every inch of the room, zooming in on the messes.
Manager: I'd say they gave us plenty of reason to put extra charges on their room. Great job raising your daughter.
Momzilla turns red and stomps out the door.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 AM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

I was very tempted to take photos of the mess, but we're not allowed to have cameras/cell phones on us while on duty. Instead I told my boss who wrote a report detailing the mess that was left. From what I understand MoB was less than thrilled with her daughter. I've got a feeling that MoB may be going after her daughter and son-in-law for the extra charges, which is only right.

This same Bridezilla was also throwing a fit before the ceremony because she was upset that the hair stylist couldn't give her the hairstyle she wanted. I could hear her screaming and crying after she got back from her hair appointment because it wasn't what she wanted. Listening to the bridesmaids (I was assigned several rooms on that same floor so I heard a lot of things) talk, it's a miracle the bride even got seen - she'd never been to this stylist before that day, and wanted a style that would have required extensions to be installed in order to give the bridezilla the length she wanted...of course, she never thought to inform the stylist of this so that the stylist could, I don't know, order the extensions in the first place!

At this point I'm sort of pitying the new husband, but considering he was partly responsible for the mess in their room I'm not too pitiful

Old 07-18-2019, 02:21 AM
Area Manager

Yep, they sound like a perfectly matched couple ...

And I hope MoB has some REALLY harsh words for her daughter and new SIL. And next time they need financial help, let them go to a bank.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:57 AM
Area Manager

Really? Whatever happened to just wanting to spend the rest of your life with your soulmate? When did the wedding become all-important? Yes, you want things to go well, but at the same time so long as the ceremony goes ahead and you sign the register then everything else is extraneous.

The example I bring to mind in these situations comes from an article (with pictures!) that I read in a magazine years ago. The bride was actually a wedding organiser at a posh ex-stately home turned hotel/wedding venue, and decided to get married there (probably with a decent employee discount).

The night before the wedding there was a fire in the kitchen and everyone got evacuated. There was massive smoke damage to parts of the building, and everything inside (including clothing in cupboards) stunk of smoke and anything out of a cupboard went a dingy grey colour.

The bride was given a choice; rebook at a later date with the venue paying for the wedding clothes to be cleaner/replaced as appropriate, or go ahead with the wedding that day and have wedding photos taken in their outfits at a later date for no additional cost.

The bride got married that day as to her, marrying her fiancee was more important than the fact that her wedding outfit was pyjamas, dressing gown, hair curlers and bunny slippers. The photos of her getting married were taken on a disposable camera (the smoke had damaged the professional photographer's equipment) and were displayed with as much respect as the later professional photographs in them in their wedding outfits.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:09 AM
doing other people's jobs....

Greek, that would also make a good story to tell those looking at the photos

Old 07-18-2019, 01:15 PM
Area Manager

Good enough for a national magazine to run it!

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:27 PM
Area Manager

I'm going to play devil's advocate here...

Does the advertising for the hotel play off on the scenic views there, with lots of beautiful photos of the harbor? If so, the bride might've been somewhat justified in thinking it was false advertising. Though thinking you could get ships moved for them is a bit lol.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:58 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
...When did the wedding become all-important? Yes, you want things to go well, but at the same time so long as the ceremony goes ahead and you sign the register then everything else is extraneous.
Some friends of mine had a great big posh wedding. Complete with an old Rolls-Royce as their wedding limo.

Being old and British, it decided not to start when it was time to take the bride to the church. Her bridesmaids were freaking out, and she was just smiling and calm. "It doesn't matter if we get there late or have to take a cab, I'm still marrying the most wonderful man in the world."

The driver did get the car started after a little while, and they made it to the wedding. It was an amazing wedding, and everybody seemed as happy as I've seen anyone. (Even when the father of the bride was crying his eyes out during his toast, they were happy tears!)