This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How much are you willing to pay?"

First two stories are from my coworker/roommate again.

THE store

sc: I need the phone number for the store.
    cw: okay, which store sir.
    sc: (really snippy) the store that's just up the street.
    cw: sir, we're located in <city>-
    sc: <city>? <city> where?
    cw: <city>, Missouri, sir.
    sc: well that's nowhere near where i am.
    cw: we're the headquarters for all the retail stores sir.
    sc: oh.

brain to mouth filter slip-up

call was with a lady that was being really pissy about everything, even though she was only placing an order.
    sc: what are the chances of getting it by Christmas?
    cw: that depends on how much you're willing pay.

dishonest!
    guy calls to place an order, go through the order, then find out even though he's used gift cards to pay for all of it he wants the $20 off promotion, which doesn't work unless you pay for at least $100 with credit card. i tell him so.
    sc: what! I don't see that anywhere! *reads through the 'fine print' out loud (honestly, it's not fine print, it's normal sized) until he reads the line about that*
    *insert lengthy rant about this being dishonest and tricking him and he would never have to worry about this from <competitor> and wants to complain to my supervisor and we'll never be able to trick him again*

There is literally nothing i can do! why don't you believe me!
    woman calls in saying she went into a store to buy an item, a modern firearm, and they were sold out, so she got a raincheck. she's calling me to get information about the gun. we don't sell modern firearms through the catalog, so i have no access to any sort of information. i tell her this. she blows up. apparently she'd been waiting on the phone for 20 minutes (we had like, 20 people at this point just sitting around waiting, so there's no way she had any wait) just for nothing, and she DID NOT want to hang up and call some other number. she demanded over and over again that i give her the information she wants or transfer her to someone that can, because she wants to know about this gun KNOW! (note, it's like 9:30 at night during this)
    eventually she's convinced that it is completely impossible for me to do something, and comment about how she understands, i just work for a 'poopy company'

bonus school story part 2
    last day of actual class, the student i was talking about in my last thread had another gem. the teacher had us each recommend a book to the class, preferably one we didn't think others had read, and that day of class we went around and explained what we recommended and why. his recommendation? the Harry Potter series.
    and apparently J.K. rowling is the best author ever, and Harry Potter is a character that will last for generations.
    and apparently he doesn't normally read anything other than history and philosophy.

that's not the end of it either, the day of the final comes. our teacher required us to have blue books, like 25 cents at the bookstore. well, before the teacher showed up someone asked if anyone had an extra, and someone else gave her one. and the student pipes up with "I bought a whole bunch cuz i though noone else would remember." yep, that's right, he still thinks he's smarter than the rest of the class.

bonus cat story
    so our drain in our tub isn't working right, so the water collects and goes down very slowly. our kitten is use to jumping in the tub when we finish with our showers (for whatever reason) and the tub still being full does not stop her from doing so...so now everything around the bathroom is wet from her continuing to jump in the tub.
    and yet she still hates baths.
    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Quoth raine_naoe View Post

woman calls in saying she went into a store to buy an item, a modern firearm, and they were sold out, so she got a raincheck. she's calling me to get information about the gun.
    isn't that what google is for?

modern firearms are a PITA to buy right now, but that doesn't excuse dipshittery

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
      isn't that what google is for?

modern firearms are a PITA to buy right now, but that doesn't excuse dipshittery
      move to texas. it's almost like that episode of Family Guy here.

Comment

bonus cat story
        so our drain in our tub isn't working right, so the water collects and goes down very slowly. our kitten is use to jumping in the tub when we finish with our showers (for whatever reason) and the tub still being full does not stop her from doing so...so now everything around the bathroom is wet from her continuing to jump in the tub.
        Awwww, kitty!

Comment

bonus cat story
          Our cat Jazzy used to do this. (Or maybe it was Sheebah.) Something similar, anyway. We'd turn the faucet on in the sink in the bathroom, and she'd come in and start to play with the water. Same thing would happen if we left the toilet seat up.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

bonus cat story
            They only hate water when humans try to put them in it for a good reason. They'll happily jump in the bathtub or sink if they personally feel like it. I had a dog who would go out and jump in the lake and swim around in the nasty cold water all day long, but when I went to give him a nice warm bath, he'd act like he was being tortured.
            "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Let me guess she was trying to buy an AR15.

Comment

When I used to work for a catalogue call center, I'd get the same type of customers who'd argue with me on what their coupons said. I'd get MANY MANY women who would try to "trick" me by saying their coupon DID NOT say that it couldn't be used with any other offer. They'd read the entire fine print word for word, EXCEPT for the one sentence that says "cannont be combined with any other offer." Pretty slick, sister. I'd just say "well, since you have the only coupon that is different, you'll have to mail it in and we'll give you a credit." Shut them up.

My cat does the same thing. She LOVE watching the shower run. And when we turn the shower off, she immediately jumps in (water or not) to catch the water going down the drain. And when we hit the shower button thingy (I'm sure there's a name for it, but I don't know what it is, lol) and a little bit of water comes out of the faucet, she goes NUTS trying to bite it and swat at it. She's soaked by the time she's done. Highlight of her day! And she too hates baths!
                "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                "Red."
                "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                "RED!"
                "..."

Comment

woman calls in saying she went into a store to buy an item, a modern firearm, and they were sold out, so she got a raincheck. she's calling me to get information about the gun. we don't sell modern firearms through the catalog, so i have no access to any sort of information. i tell her this. she blows up. apparently she'd been waiting on the phone for 20 minutes (we had like, 20 people at this point just sitting around waiting, so there's no way she had any wait) just for nothing, and she DID NOT want to hang up and call some other number. she demanded over and over again that i give her the information she wants or transfer her to someone that can, because she wants to know about this gun KNOW! (note, it's like 9:30 at night during this)
                  eventually she's convinced that it is completely impossible for me to do something, and comment about how she understands, i just work for a 'poopy company'
                  So this woman with a short fuse wants a gun? That's kinda scary when you think about it.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

yes, exactly.

it's hard to convey exactly how angry she was, but she set my pluresy off, and i hadn't had a stress related attack since last year.

definitely do not want her to have a gun.

as far as the cat, i've had her jump in the shower before while i was taking the shower (she yowls and scratches at the door if you ever try and shut her out of the bathroom). she jumps out pretty quickly usually, but still sits on the edge, so if i bat from the other side of the curtain at her, she'll try to bat back, and fall in again.
                    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

My cat was dumb as a stump, but OH so loveable! the faucet in our one bathtub dripped, and he'd sit there and drink from it all day long! Then we got it fixed, and you woudl have thought he was being tortured the way he would cry and carry on! He'd hop in the tub, and sit and cry until my dad would turn on the water to a trickle so he could have his drink!

He also had a thing about the bathtub. I'd start filling it to take a bath, and he'd put his paws on the edge, lean over, and as it filled, drink. as the water got higher, his paws would get wet, and he'd pull them out, and shake them all over! once the tub was full, and I was settled in with my book, rather than lying down nicely, he'd cry to be let out. So i'd reach up, and open the door enough to let him out. But that wasn't good enough - he'd then cry and scratch at the door to be let back in! over and over again.

THe funniest thing was him going outside in the rain. He was an indoor/outdoor cat, and in the morning, he'd all but trip you up galloping down the stairs, and to the back door, crying to be let out. Fine, I'd let him out, then within 5 minutes, there would be this frantic scratching at the door, as he was wet! So in he would come, and then RUN to the front door! I used to tell him, dummy, its raining out THAT door too!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                        My cat was dumb as a stump, but OH so loveable! the faucet in our one bathtub dripped, and he'd sit there and drink from it all day long! Then we got it fixed, and you woudl have thought he was being tortured the way he would cry and carry on! He'd hop in the tub, and sit and cry until my dad would turn on the water to a trickle so he could have his drink!

He also had a thing about the bathtub. I'd start filling it to take a bath, and he'd put his paws on the edge, lean over, and as it filled, drink. as the water got higher, his paws would get wet, and he'd pull them out, and shake them all over! once the tub was full, and I was settled in with my book, rather than lying down nicely, he'd cry to be let out. So i'd reach up, and open the door enough to let him out. But that wasn't good enough - he'd then cry and scratch at the door to be let back in! over and over again.

THe funniest thing was him going outside in the rain. He was an indoor/outdoor cat, and in the morning, he'd all but trip you up galloping down the stairs, and to the back door, crying to be let out. Fine, I'd let him out, then within 5 minutes, there would be this frantic scratching at the door, as he was wet! So in he would come, and then RUN to the front door! I used to tell him, dummy, its raining out THAT door too!
                        Awwww I had a kitty like that. His name was Luna. He'd also climb into the tub after a shower and lick the bottom of the tub. He hated rain with a passion, but somehow he actually enjoyed being sprayed by a water bottle. Useless training tool on that cat.

Comment

When my daughter was little, our cat Scarlett would sit on the edge of the tub and watch her. Every evening, I would sneak in and push her into the tub. She would jump out and run around like a wild thing until she was dry. And yes, the next evening she would again be sitting on the edge of the tub watching Meg in the bath.
                          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

i just work for a 'poopy company'
                            Yeah. She should totally have a gun.

*Squee!* My kitten Harpo(when he was really little, he would open his mouth to squeal, but nothing would come out) would only drink from the faucet. Bowls, bottles, cups... nothing would do but to catch the drip from the sink or tub.

Comment

Working...
                            X