This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Firecracker View Post
    I'm so envious of other employees like you who can say what you want..well I guess you couldn't be all out rude..but still you can say that it's not your policy that the customer is always right..which is more than I can say. So I'm envious. haha
    I did say this though to a "guest" at Target. Mind you I use the term "guest" extremely loosely below. She wanted like 45 of these picture frames NOW! NOW! NOW! for some police graduation thing. Mind you, this was right around graduation time for all area high schools/colleges, so our graduation aisle was heavily shopped and almost empty.

Me: Unfortunately we only have 4 of these frames in stock.
    SC: I don't think so. I work with the _____ County Police Department. Our academy graduation is in 3 days and we need (high amount) of these frames immediately.
    Me: We can check other stores, but unfortunately what you have is all we have in this store.
    SC: I'll wait while you get more out of the back.
    Me: Ma'am, there is none in the back. It is impossible to give you more because, as I said, that's all we have.
    SC: Well! :::huffs around putting the frames in her cart::: With that kind of attitude I bet you don't even support the ___ County Police Department!
    Me: My family and I have supported the department proudly for 18 years, but now we won't anymore because of you!
    SC:

I gasped myself when I said that because I usually never talked back to SCs--ever. I just blurted it out. She simply walked away, and I expected to get yelled at from management, but thankfully she went to guest services, and from what I hear, they found more frames at a nearby store. Guest services didn't even say she complained or anything. I guess the thought of support funds going away put her in her place! That was another case of someone who waited until the last minute and was surprised that *gasp* the store wasn't fully stocked. Oh, and she wasn't even a uniformed officer, so it wasn't like she was using her uniform to intimidate me. She simply had an ID necklace around her neck, which made me think she was a lowly secretary or phone answerer.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Working...
    X