This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, it was MY fault...

...that the person in FRONT of you is being served FIRST by my COWORKER.

I was helping clean up around another coworker's refund station, getting the returned products out of the way so she can focus on the register, for a short minute in another department, when the next lady in line comes up and says to me,
    SC: "WHY aren't you on the other register?" (in a tone like she's my boss, honestly.)
    Me: "Well, ma'am, my co-worker (points to another co-worker currently finishing helping a member sign up) is signed on here, and I can't get on when someone else is signed in.
    SC: Well, she should be helping this LINE (which was 2 people long, oooooh!) instead of doing PAPERWORK.
    Me: I'm sorry, ma'am. She was helping another member that was FIRST.
    SC: It's just bad customer service, her doing paperwork! (she was writing down the end transaction info, which is required to be written!)
    Me: Well, I'm sorry, ma'am. (I just gave up and walked away, no use fighting over nothing. My sup, when I told her, got a real kick out of it though.)

...that you wouldn't listen.

(This was when I was working refunds earlier in the day, covering lunch breaks)
    SC: (Plopping down an ANCIENT packing tape dispenser) This broke. I'm exchanging it. (starts to walk away)
    Me: Sir, we can't do exchanges. Besides, we no longer carry this product.
    SC: I'm just exchanging it. (starts to walk away AGAIN)
    Me: Hold on, sir! I can't exchange anything anyway. We're only permitted to return products! (for inventory purposes)
    SC: I'm switching out with another one. (walks away this time)
    Me: Whatever...

5 minutes later....

SC: (oh shit alarm) WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THIS HERE ANYMORE? I SPENT AN HOUR LOOKING FOR IT BACK THERE! (an hour? bullshit)

(and my manager is behind me)

M: Sir, we tried to explain to you three times that we can't exchange. Mostly for the exact reason because we carry products for only a short time. We can still refund you?

(And it turns out we couldn't refund him because there was no proof in his history he had bought it and he didn't have a receipt. Ha.)

...that you didn't buy it yesterday.

SC: Where are your Wii's? You had them here yesterday.
    Me: We had them yesterday, but they are sold out now.
    SC: (blows up) WELL, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!? (leaves)

(lack of planning on your part......)

...again, that you didn't buy it yesterday.

SC: Can I get on the waiting list for a Wii?
    Me: I'm sorry, we don't have a waiting list. They come rather infrequently, and a lot of times late, so having a list causes a lot of issues with vendor delivery and promised dates.
    SC: Can you put me on the list anyway?
    Me:....there is no list. We can't have a list.
    SC: Why?
    Me: ....for all the reasons I just told you.
    SC: Can you start one now?

...that you left your wallet at home.

SC: Can you print me a new card?
    Me: Sure, I just need a valid ID.
    SC: Oh, I left my wallet at home.
    Me: Well, I can only get you a temp card you can use today without ID.
    SC: But I don't need a temp card. I need a new card.
    Me: I have to have a photo ID for that, because we need to take your picture for your new card. (A membership card with picture can be considered proper credit card ID in the building. No ID proving you're you, no picture taken, no CARD.)
    SC: You have no CHRISTMAS SPIRIT. (leaves)

(You're a mean one, Ms. Grinch...)
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Quoth Nakajo View Post
    SC: You have no CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.
    "I'm Jewish, ma'am."

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
      SC: You have no CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.
      I'll drink to that
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
        ...that you didn't buy it yesterday.

"Might I suggest finding a small, dark corner to cry in until you literally fall apart so you don't disturb the other people?"
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I apologise for any offense!

Quoth Mordecai View Post
          "I'm Jewish, ma'am."
          Overheard a few years back:

Atheist friend @ Xmas time: "Come on, where's your Christmas Spirit?"

Jewish friend(very likely inebriated): "We killed him like 2000 years ago!"

Not trying to offend, but I had to share...

Comment

Funny. I read out those dialogs with "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed playing in the background.

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post

WELL, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!?

Well, you could always stick your head up a dead bear's ass.

Stupid people.
              For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
              http://atriumforum.com/
              Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                Funny. I read out those dialogs with "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed playing in the background.
                That sounds oddly appropriate for this time of year as we have a lot of people inflicted with the same sickness:

The "YouruinedmychristmasIhopeyouburninhell" sickness
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
                  I never understood this argument when I got it from SCs. If the SC was in the store yesterday and saw the item, why didn't they just buy it then? I'm sure they knew it was a popular xmas item, even though they would deny it completely if accused of being dumb! I could understand if they saw it maybe a month ago before the holiday rush came through and are just now coming around to buy it, but if they saw it *yesterday* then that is no excuse for not getting it then when they saw it! It is always safe to assume what you see now on the shelf will not be there in 5 minutes during the holiday shopping season, but I guess that would require the SC to apply a minuscule amount of logic to things!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Quoth WageSlaveofDoom View Post
                    Overheard a few years back:

Atheist friend @ Xmas time: "Come on, where's your Christmas Spirit?"

Jewish friend(very likely inebriated): "We killed him like 2000 years ago!"

Not trying to offend, but I had to share...
                    I just violated rule #1. Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                    X