This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rivulatus View Post
    So now I'm double angry about the b*tch - 1, she got what she wanted on the basis of threats and lies, and 2, she damned near got me sacked from her lies. I'll have to lay low when she comes in to get the stuff that she has scammed out of us, because I probably will say or do something that will get me sacked if I see the lying b*tch again.
    Actually, this could work really well for you, depending on whether you're willing to invest any money. See, what she did to you is called slander, and it's illegal. She came dangerously close to getting you fired, and has almost certainly jeopardized any chance of advancement within the company. Yes, it's a free country, but she does not have the Constitutional right to lie about you so you lose your job - especially in a depressed economy.

You probably have a very good case in Small Claims court (filing fee is somewhere between $20 and $100, and you can sue for up to $5000 in some states, and you don't need a lawyer, just document everything), and you may have a claim at a higher level. But Small Claims should be enough.

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
      You should pass her name around town. If she really does have a reputation for being a bitch at just about every business she deals with, any business should be justified in refusing service to her.
      Best of luck. The right to refuse service got pretty much tossed out the window after the Civil Rights Movement. Unless she comes in waving a weapon or sans shoes/pants/shirt, she has to be served or she can sue for 'discrimination'.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        Anyone else willing to bet the SC is one of those people who lives off of lawsuits? You know the type, the one's who will intentionally fall on a wet floor in Wal*mart, or intentionally order food they are allergic to in restaurants, just so they can sue.
        I'll give you even money on that, Smiley.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
          Best of luck. The right to refuse service got pretty much tossed out the window after the Civil Rights Movement. Unless she comes in waving a weapon or sans shoes/pants/shirt, she has to be served or she can sue for 'discrimination'.
          Discrimination based on what? It has to be actionable. Any lawyer, other than a really desperate one, is going to do their research and when they find out the truth they'll drop her.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Some consider it slander (spoken), some consider it libel (written), but either way it's just good old-fashioned harassment. Yes, customers can be as guilty of this as co-workers.

Small-claims court might not be a big dent in this SC's lawsuit-earned estate, but it would be a good bitch-slap of reality that she can't just go doing this to people. Yes, she's a customer, but you are a HUMAN BEING, and she has no right to treat other people like this. Bad service? Fine, complain. Cause someone to commit suicide, then BRAG about it? What an asshole.

Document everything, get a copy of the letter she wrote to corporate, and subpoena the spineless manager she bragged to about causing someone's death. Go for punitive damages only (remember, it's small-claims court, and unless you've missed work or suffered injury as a result, there are no compensatory damages to be had) with a stipulation to recover any and all associated legal costs. $5,000 may be a drop in the bucket for her, but imagine the look on her face if you actually bring witnesses to her behavior.

Sorry about the rant. I know, I'm not an attorney, but man would I like to see this little bitch get P-W-N-E-D!!!

Comment

Wow. Happy to have possibly "caused" a suicide? What the f type of person...?
              Quoth Wade View Post
              What an asshole.
              That seems.. too nice, even. What a scumbag POS...etc.
              whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Working...
              X