Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never knew what those things were called before, but I LOVE them... why, because the Wal*mart at 13th south (which I avoid like the plague, but sometimes I have no choice but to go there) always has parking on the second level of their garage right next to the entrance... by putting up with the cart escalator (I too, am too lazy to spell it out ) I don't have to walk half a block across the ground level of the parking garage ... that and I'm easily impressed
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

There's a large mall in Luxembourg that I go to alot. All the escalators are the ramp kind (like a treadmill). Everybody takes their carts on them and I've never seen anybody lose control. They aren't very steep, so maybe that matters? I dunno, but it never occurred to me that that could be an issue.

Comment

That picture is what ours look like..minus the signs over head. they're on the doors instead. but yea you can see how that basket doesn't have a bottom just like ours. you can see those spikes that hold the tires. so you can see why hanging clothes off the basket is a no no. They're going to get caught up in those spikes. They don't b/c our vermeports (me and and one of my team members call it the Baskulator) have sensors. sometimes they make it through the sensors though and stop like half way up or down..so now i can't fix the clothes hanging out. I just restart the thing and hope it doesn't get wrapped up in the spikes.

Also the coke spills are funny. Later. Never in the moment when you're cleaning up the mess that guests keep rolling through.

My Target almost became 3 floors..I wonder how that would have worked out. If I'm the one w/ the key..does that means I'd be running around 3 floors restarting that damn thing. I guess I'm glad a certain hurricane came through 3 yrs ago and ruined our plans to be a 3 floor Target. A positive! I guess. I really wanted to be a super Target..I don't understand how my city doesn't have one when it's definitely the best city in this state. We get most business in our districts..even including our Super Targets. That should tell the company something. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Comment

The National Aquarium in Baltimore has an escalator like the one in that mall. Its very weird.

Comment

I'm from GA. That man embarrasses me, but I'm not suprised at his reaction. The people here are hicks.

The reason coke is so popular here is because it was invented in Atlanta.
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

I've never even heard of these things, but I can tell you right now that the technology is WAY too much for most customers to handle. Most customers can't even figure out a credit card machine.
              "Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire world."

Comment

Quick OT:

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post

*snip*

I don't have to walk half a block across the ground level of the parking garage ... that and I'm easily impressed
                Your wal-mart has a parking garage?!?
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

you're correct..it is too much technology for them to handle. They can't handle our kiosks..despite the fact that they directions on them. You touch the screen..my God that's so hard! Then if it's baby registry..touch the picture of the baby. Guests will just stare at the screen and ask where they go for the baby registry. Really..you don't see that big picture of a baby that says Baby Gift Registry? After touching that picture it has directions written on the screen for the guest. All they have to do is read. But even reading is too complicated for the guests.

Comment

Quoth Firecracker View Post
                    Then we have the people who have never seen it before, tourists. Or locals who have never stepped foot in my Target store before. They have to take pictures of it. Multiple times. I didn't act like that when I first saw it even though it was the first time I'd ever seen one. Bed, Bath, and Beyond which is also connected to the mall that we're connected to has the same thing b/c they're also 2 stories. But yea, I don't see the big deal. Yea, I thought it was pretty cool but I wasn't like "OMG..what is this?! It carries our basket to and from the second floor!!! OMG IT'S THE MOST AMAZING THING IN THE WORLD I MUST TAKE MULTIPLE PICTURES!!!"
                    I would totally do that....

In fact, when I read about one on this site, and googled it, I asked a co-worker if he had ever heard of such a marvelous invention...

I'll be hiding under my cube now...
                    I pirated a copy of Linux and nobody cared

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                      Quick OT:

Your wal-mart has a parking garage?!?
                      why yes it does

Comment

The KKK-Supermarket near me has a parking system built beside and under it too. It isn't very uncommon in urban spaces where land is at a premium.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                          The KKK-Supermarket.
                          please say that doesn't stand Klu Klux Klan

Comment

It doesn't. It's simply a Size 3 store from the K chain, and they have the unfortunate habit of using as many K's as there are in the size code.

So you get K-Extra (little more than a cramped corner shop), KK-CityMarket, KKK-Supermarket.

Comment

Working...
                            X