This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    My personal "favorite" is when people ask for a discount because the packaging is damaged. 9 times out of 10 they'll simply settle for a different one, but the other 10% of the time, it's the last one in stock, or they *want* the "damaged" one because they think they can get it for less

First of all, it's the packaging. The whole point of packaging is to PROTECT the items contained within by sacrificing itself in the event of a mishap or rough handling. So when you see bowing, pushed-in corners, small tears and holes, slight crushing, etc, the product is FINE. Don't argue with me that it *might* be damaged.
    I have to agree, I maybe seen an item broken from a damaged box about 3 times out of 500000000. What is unfortunate is that many SCs see the item's box as part of the 'item' they buy, even though the box is most likely thrown out the moment they open it. The only exception I could remotely understand that they'd want a perfect box is for collector's toys, but what you said still applies: get an undamaged package and accept it at full price! I would only give a 10% discount at my store if it was something big, like a noticeable scratch on a piece of furniture or a crack in a glass vase. It surprised me how many people still wanted some damaged items that were visually horrible looking, but not damaged enough to send back to the manufacturer for credit!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
      Granted, I think it's dumb that we DON"T have a Military discount, but there ain't nothing I can do about it. Most I can do is round up on Prize Counter ticket amounts and give little buttons to birthday kids when they don't have a party.
      We don't have a military discount either, and we get bitched at about it. I get that there is a huge military and former military population in the area, but it's not a local store, it's a nationwide thing. Complain to corporate, not the cashier. Meh, but they never hear that.

We rarely go to places like Chuck E. Cheeses, because I don't do chaos well. Last time we went was about a month ago, to celebrate a cousins birthday (but no real party)--the last time before that was like November 2007. I'm saying, it's rare. lol. Anyway...my 3.5 year old technically only had enough tickets for like 2 ltitle trinkets--with nearly enough for three. And he was having trouble picking between two little plastic things.

One was a spider and the other, I haven't a clue.... The girl behind the counter rounded up for him and he got to have that stupid plastic spider, too. It made his night. I thanked her and she was like "meh, all it was only about 3 points". But still. It was nice. I like nice people. Yes, I realize, not really relavant at all. Sorry.

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
      or if they were willing to come in a deluxe candy store and demand use of my discount, I might sort of lean a little extra weight on the scale. ...If they want to bitch, then they shall have something to bitch about.
      Heh, if only I could do that at work, it'd be awesome.
      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
      X